Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-28-2005, 02:14 PM   #41
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Chinese Biker, 83, Demands Apology

Southern Aggression i meant.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2005, 02:29 PM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Chinese Biker, 83, Demands Apology

I think ebass was at a similar club in Thailand.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #43
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Chinese-Canadian Biker, 83, Demands Formal Apology

Yeah, ya know, it's almost more fun to sit here a watch normally reasonable (I assume) people get sucked into the black hole.

Just change his user name back to kpaul and be done with it.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #44
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Those were Brits not Americans.

Um, my ancestors came here in early 20th century.

Just pointing that out.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #45
Dixit
Founding Member

Either you are totally nuts or you have a good sense of humour.
Dixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:26 PM   #46
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

O'Reilly has been caught literally fabricating his sources on several occasions, so he is the furthest thing from a 'journalist' in my mind. That he's still on the air tells me that Fox News should be called Fox Opinions That Drive Ratings.

The best is Newt Gingrich, who called Canada "Soviet Canuckistan". I still get a kick out of saying that.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:58 PM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

So, how is Fox any different than any of the others, then?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:36 PM   #48
Logan01
Founding Member

I give up.... some people will never understand anything other than sue someone for something instead of working with a problem until all parties are happy.

Solutions.... forget the past, we had nothing to do with it. Create equal standards for all races, once that starts the road to equality will be easy. Until everyone is expecting to get the same from the education system to the government we as people of all races will not be equal.

Hell I'm 1/4 cherokee and the rest all white of some kind. Could be english irish and scottish. Heck maybe even a little German. Should my Indian 1/4 demand death from my white 3/4's for the treatment the white men gave it's ancestors?

People need to get over the past and try to improve the future, bringing up the past only brings hate to a new generation of people on all sides of the fence.
Logan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #49
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Not all African Americans get free college tuition

Here is some food for thought:

Most people think laws are there to codify mores already present in society - kind of a 'mirror' on public opinion as it were. Laws, though, can also shape society's opinions, too, though, and this point is often missed.

For example, during the women's suffrage movement, most of the women of the time actually sided with the men. Several prominent women even wrote into newspapers arguing specifically that women couldn't properly exercise the right to vote. Opinions didn't change instantly when the law was passed allowing women the right to vote, of course, so in this case, the law led the way and society slowly came to conform to the law. Now, fifty years later it is difficult to conceive of women NOT voting.

So, following that principle, why not create laws to rectify old wrongs? The idea of such laws would have very little to do with the compensation for the Chinese, even though they would likely be one of the first groups compensated under the law. It would be enacted more to encourage the societal notion that compensation is NATURALLY due when a group is wronged, so that future groups won't have to fight to get compensation from the descendents of the offenders, but can get it from the offenders themselves. That can only happen when this notion of 'just compensation for a wrong' becomes so commonplace that it is ingrained ... just like voting for women.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:51 AM   #50
pplassm
Founding Member

I ain't white. Where's my check?