Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-28-2005, 07:28 AM   #11
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Chinese-Canadian Biker, 83, Demands Formal Apology

I am half Irish pal, we were never enslaved like Blacks. That's the difference. They were never compensated for the generations of free labor they provided. I am also part Cherokee so I say they should be compensated as well.... This isn't special treatment, it is correcting an injustice. Think of it as a large class action law suit. This gesture would go a long way in mending the racial divide which has been getting wider in the last 4 years.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2005, 07:40 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Hey! My maternal grandparents emigrated from Finland to escape Russian oppression. How about a nice fat check for me too? I'm writin' Putin today!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:50 AM   #13
boxerboy
Registered Member

Heh, I still play puck twice a week. It's a little odd emerging from a frigid arena into a 35C (90+ F degrees) parking lot.

Yeah, some Canadians and some Americans get stuck in a weird inferiority/superiority groove. Old habits...

Don't worry about us trying to take credit for the melting pot, we don't even subscribe to it. Up here its multiculturalism, which is probably a mistake to some degree. Makes for good restaurants, though.

boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #14
mile_eater
Founding Member

"The Canadian Chinese should get compensated, just like African-American s should be compensated as well. I say free college tution for all African Americans for life... "

What an idiot you are.

Do you have any idea what the consequences for that action would be? You'd end up hurting them even more, as college would be seen as something valueless... as indeed everything that is free is.

Do you think at all before you type? Or do you just feel?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:02 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Remember the Maine!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #16
brianriley
Registered Member

How is me paying for something I had nothing to do with "correcting an injustice?"

And just so you know - Irish people were slaves too and so were a lot of different cultures here in the U.S and around the world. Some still are!

brianriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #17
Fenton
Founding Member

That is damn funny, Ay.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #18
sconley
Founding Member

College Tuition IS FREE for African Americans... It comes in the form of government grants and scholarships... Millions of these dollars go unused each year due to there being no demand for it. I got an idea, let's make everybody happy and just hand out University Diplomas to African Americans when the graduate high school? This will certainly help reimburse the slavery they have been subjected to during their lives and help remove the guilt I feel for having them down on my plantation... This is such an assinine post I hate to dignify it with a response. Who knows though, now that the Ten Commandments has the right to sit beside the Bill of Rights, perhaps the next thing our government looks into will be this issue. I hope the present day African tribal chiefs also feel as guilty as you want us to, as it was their forefathers that SOLD their own people to the europeans 300 years ago. Let's get off this... The Irish were ***** on, along with many other boatloads of Eastern Europeans when they arrived here... They worked their ass off, took whatever jobs they could get, learned the language, etc... Slowly they were accepted and then respected. Today all of these people from various countries of origins are celebrated in America for the various talents they have brought and added to the american culture... It's called cultural pluralism... But you can't legislate it; you have to earn it.
sconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #19
955tri
Registered Member

Now THAT'S funny, I don't care Wu you are!
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #20
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Education is the great equalizer. Education must be earned. So I didn't say give it away. I said free tuition not free grades i.e. they have to earn the grades.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote