Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-25-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Pursuit Suspect Arrested

bad boys bad boys what you gonna do
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Well! I see that whom ever "staff" is at MO has a seriously twisted sense of priorities by the order in which they put the "better uses" of our money. The list should have read Free beer, Persecuting JohnnyB, preventing child abuse, and violent crime in that order! I left out "Something productive" because, as we all know there are some tasks that are just impossible for government to perform. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Speaking of bad government...

I just had my heart broken by the supposed liberals on the Supreme Court when they voted in favor of eminent domain. God damn them.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...0&invol=04-108
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Speaking of bad government...

Well you can take some solace in the fact that some of the "Justices" (a misnomer if there ever was one) were appointed by supposed "conservative" Republican presidents. In a was this was a good thing as even the most docile pro-government sheep are now starting to smell a wolf. I believe that soon an unlikely alliance of true liberals (such as yourself) real conservatives, libertarians will rise up and smite this growing monster that we call the main stream polyglot of Demopubliacans, before it is too late. Imagining the alternative is too horrifying to comprehend. BTW I thought that my parents stuck me with an odd name. I would imagine that yours is even a mouth full for those native to the sub-continent. Van
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:08 AM   #5
mile_eater
Founding Member

I realize that countless hours of "Cops" and similar shows have convinced the average couch potatoe that you can't run... and that cops always catch you...

This is of course not true. In the vast majority of cases a chopper never becomes involved. People run every day, and they are very very often successful.

I've done it. My friends have done it. In fact, almost everyone I know with a bike or a sportscar has done it.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:35 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member

Nice crew.

When you crash, aim for the utility poles and away from the children, 'kay?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
pudlepirate
Registered Member

I agree fully with the get the plate and catch em later, like 6 am on sunday morning.. saw a kid on a cbr1zx1000 die in upstate ny (my home town) out running the police, who, get this, were chasing him because he whiped the tail a little on a dewy road. (they caught him when he wadded his bike up)

In massacheucetts pursuing a motorcycle is illegal, one motorcycle going over the speed limit IMHO is a lot beter than fifteen police cruisers driving recklessly trying to aprehend the biker.. there is only two possible out comes, the biker will get away, or crash. and for what, a bull***** speeding ticket?
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:00 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

(rant)

When a judge believes that the govt is more important than the citizenry then he/she is going to side with the govt.... no matter what other political pretenses he/she may try to fool people with. With the USSC's almost unbroken record of siding with the govt on the drug war, homeland security BS, random car searches, etc (the 4th Amendment is dead) it was only a matter of time until the USSC officially designated the citizens as tax slaves to be milked dry.

This recent decison pretty much eliminates any concept of private property ownership. Until now the govt could take your entire home if you owed 1% of it's value in taxes. That was oppressive enough. But now they can take your home and give it to Joe if Joe promises to pay more taxes. The bizzare thing about it is that the govt can take your property to give to a private enterprise even though no one can guarantee that this new enterprise won't fail in the end leaving the govt with no tax revenue and an urban blight to pay for on top of it all. This makes the whole process like something from the movie "Brazil" or a Steven King novel.

Developer A gives bribes to Councilmen X, Y and Z. Suddenly your home is gone and you get "market value".... whatever the same corrupt politicians say it is. Neat, huh? You can complain to the County Attorney who is also buddies with the developer and Council. Neat huh? Compared to this even Karl Marx almost makes sense.

Oh, yeah, I'm the crazy one right? All idiots who trust the govt are completely rational. Baa baa baa. ROTFLMAO!

(rant off)
Old 06-26-2005, 05:06 AM   #9
pudlepirate
Registered Member

maybe parents should keep their kids out of the street.. no wait that would require responsibility for personal actions, something that is in short suply theese days.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:09 AM   #10
pudlepirate
Registered Member

its a real shame they don't use the immenant domain property value assesment when they are figuring up your property taxes...