Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-26-2005, 05:31 AM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Speaking of bad government...

I can't wait to see the stretched definition of "public interest."

Attention fellow taxpayers, we are all now servants of the state.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2005, 05:47 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

They could figure out what "public interest" is by letting the public vote on these proposals. You'll see that soon, I'll bet!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:28 AM   #13
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Pursuit Suspect Arrested

Actually... running doesn't require reckless riding at all. It's far more about evasion than speed. I have a buddy that ended up riding his 929 about 5 miles on a dirt trail at 3 in the morning.

No ticket though.

You pick your spots. The cop is already on your butt when you notice... it's to late. you pull over. But he's on the side of the road... and there is an exit up ahead into a well known maze?

I'm gone. hit the exit... three or four quick turns... and hop off at a burger joint.

Hardly wreckless driving.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:11 AM   #14
sarnali
Founding Member

It is called the Golden State, they just neglected to point out that it was your gold they want.

Those weren't earthquakes, it was Jefferson and Franklin and the rest spinning in their graves.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #15
tomk2
Founding Member

What ever happened to the right wing mantra "Business needs government to be a PARTNER, not an adversary"?

The righties always trot that one out any time a corporation asks for a handout or a special tax break or wants to dump crap in a river or something... why wouldn't you expect big business to ask their "partner" to acquire whatever tasty morsels they want?

Nope, sorry, ya can't blame the liberals for this one. This is just one leg of the conservative triad... whoring the country out to business interests. Add to that "pandering to fundamentalist religious nuts" and "appealing to xenophobia" and you've pretty much described modern American conservativism.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:46 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You might want to check out the dissent in this case. The evil right-wing "extremists" (Scalia, Thomas) voted for the little guy.

The conservative mantra is that the gov't should stay the hell out of the way-not become a "partner" as you suggest.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:48 AM   #17
crevans
Founding Member

The dumbocrats and retardicans are two sides of the same oppressive big government coin. It's getting harder and harder not to believe that the two parties are just there to keep people divided and allow for an unchecked ogliarchy. Going slowly and subtly enough it sadly appears to be working.

If there were a ruling like this 100 years ago, there would have been a bloody revolt. Wars have certainly been fought over less. Fortunately it's much easier to emigrate these days. Costa Rica, New Zealand, and Switzerland all look nice.
crevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #18
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Pursuit Suspect Arrested

I look forward to seeing you face on COPS.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:34 AM   #19
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Being a fiscal conservative and social liberal probably makes me a canidate to join the libertarian party. This ruling sucks.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #20
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Sad day for the Republic, time for the Terminator for Prez

Yep being a social liberal and fiscal liberal makes me struggle to find a party to call home. If only the right-wing could keep their religion out of politics Definitely agree with you on this one. All of the excuses that are going to be used to steal someone's land are going to used. Sick. Sad day for the Republic. Maybe I going to have to support the repead of the amendmant to limit president to U.S. born citizens. Time for the Terminator.. His economic policies are correct and according to one interview he is social liberal on gay rights, seperation of church and state, etc.