Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-31-2005, 06:46 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Joy of Motorcycling Traffic School: A New Choice for Motorists Who Get a Ticket

Yep, the same NPR that costs 6 times as much to run its news service as ABC's... all on your nickel.

No, I don't belong to the USBA. Is the meeting open to non-members?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2005, 07:49 AM   #22
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Joy of Motorcycling Traffic School: A New Choice for Motorists Who Get a Ticket

Absolutely - UTSBA is open to everyone. I think that they normally meet in one of the pubs. Their website is partially down right now and as soon as they tell me the location I'll let you know.

And since NPR's coverage is infinitely better than ABC's by your figures that is a pretty good ratio of performance to cost. And it may all be on my nickel since I donate to public radio but it is not all on yours unless you donate too. Are you a closet tree-hugging liberal you old softie you.

-martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:29 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

At least I'm not forced to provide support for ABC at the barrel of a gun unlike govt supported NPR. Although I guess I usually support KRCL public radio since they have the kick@ss blues night and the Saturday Sage Brush Serenade.

Anyhow, I've been known to hug trees when being chased by a Moose during hunting season. I do my reloading in a closet and I liberally dispense empty brass cartridges in various locations. Does this qualify me to join Greenpeace?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:40 AM   #24
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

If you join Greenpeace I'll shoot you myself. I love teasing my tree-hugging friends by reminding them that every Greenpeace bumper sticker I see is on a car.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:42 AM   #25
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I am going to demonstrate the proper use of arm chaps and sneaky leakers with my Ebass voodoo doll.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 AM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Just remember Seruz, Martin carefully omitted the club initiation process and he is from Kentucky.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:41 AM   #27
fargyle
Founding Member

Default Re: USBA Meeting at Pub

Does this strike anyone as ironic? Or is everyone taking the UTA? Personally, I'd rather spend the evening riding....

Or maybe USBA members are striving to get invites to traffic school?

fargyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:36 AM   #28
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: lane splitting

Wow!

I just sprained a salivary gland muscle, Buz!

Thanks for rekindling that memory... 1982. Just thinking about that lobster made fighting the TJ traffic seem trivial.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:18 AM   #29
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Since you evidently do not know anything about the UTSBA, or Utah, you are making some bold (and incorrect) assumptions here. In Utah the brew pubs downtown all serve food and are in really nice places. I think generally the UTSBA assembles in such places so that they may watch motorcycle races on the TV's. The vast majority of UTSBA members probably do not drink (if they do it is in great moderation) but they do have the good taste to meet in nice places that server good food.

Now you wanna take that foot out of your mouth?

Old 05-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #30
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Actually I see that it is even worse than I thought - you are evidently an expatriate midwesterner now living in Utah and you don't know anyting about the UTSBA (or, evidently local cultural norms). That is a real shame since they are a great organization that probably will end up running club racing and track days at Miller Motorsports park.

Hop on down to the meeting Thursday.