Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-12-2005, 03:42 AM   #31
Whatmough
Founding Member

Default Re: Favorite Motorcycle

I'm with you on this one. R1150r is it today. I do have a like for the Motto Guzzis though. Too hard to find a dealer locally with brand experience.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2005, 05:47 AM   #32
baggerchris
Founding Member

1970 Harley Electra Glide. In 1974 I moved to Kayenta in the Navajo Res., just as Easyrider started to play out there. I had the only Harley in 150 miles, and was single. Boy, did we have a good time!
baggerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:02 AM   #33
designeraccd
Founding Member

So far for me out of my 73 bikes over the years my '04 1200R is #1. While it can't begin to stay with most of my Japanese or European bikes dynamically, nothing I've owned has given me more smiles over the miles! After completely replacing the limp stock suspension with qualty Progressive front and rear plus a Corbin Gunfighter and H-D "stage I" the bike is a very capable highly entertaining back road curve tamer. Sounds good, too. DFO
Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 AM   #34
SRMark
Founding Member

I've got '72 sprint that will see the road again just as soon as I stop doing other stuff. A neat little bike with a backward shift pattern with the lever on the wrong side. The last time I rode it, I upshifted through a stop sign. Just a wee bit tricky.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:31 AM   #35
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: my fave

touche' how'd you know? but in my mind i'm already there.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:50 AM   #36
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Can you imagine owning a pre-71 Triumph, a Jawa and a Vespa all at the same time?

Confusing.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:22 AM   #37
cstewart77
Founding Member

I have owned a few of what I think are nice bikes; 87 VFR 700, FJ1200 are at the top of the list. My current favorite is my BMW 1150GS Adventure....not TOO common; comfortable, fast enough for the street and I still pause to just stare at it in the garage.

Chris
cstewart77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:29 AM   #38
oldtim
Founding Member

I think my favorite was a CBR 900 RR. It was fast, reliable, fun, and beautifully red. But alas, I gave it up for a more comfortable Bandit (ulnar compression syndrome). I also remember my very first bike with great fondness. It was a Â’69 Honda 750, sort of a blue green color. My least favorite was an iron head Sportster. Very slow, nice looking, kinda fun to ride when it ran thoughÂ…
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:52 AM   #39
ValkBandit
Founding Member

easy. a mid-70s honda 250 elsinore. when that bike came out it changed EVERYTHING. all other motocross bikes were suddenly ill-handling boat anchors, and it forced all other manufacturers to completely rethink dirt bike technology.

that bike made you feel like superman.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:54 AM   #40
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I had a '73. 57 inch wheelbase and 214 lbs. Loved that alloy tank, and the noise it made....roost...roost..roost...a mid-range rocket.