Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-29-2005, 09:59 PM   #81
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: New Technology Lurks...

Such Language!. You two keep it up, and I'll have to pull up my pants and go home.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2005, 01:57 AM   #82
jungkvist
Founding Member

Let me get this straight: a bike with a three cylinder engine that's called the Star Twin. I'm just-gonna take a shot in the dark, here. It's being built by the Yogi Berra motorcycle company, right?

I don't have a problem with trading power for a better platforms. But, if linked brakes or full–time ABS becomes mandatory, I’m buying roller blades.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:42 AM   #83
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Implode?

Nope, that was old uncle joe who said that. Got ït from the ""famouse quotes"website. I thought it was Lenin too, 'till I checked.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:03 AM   #84
seruzawa
The Toad

the demos are as deep in the pockets of corporations as the pubbies are. Hollywood and the pharmaceutical giants come immediately to mind. Just call them all republicrats and be done.

The real burning question for me though is that with all the sanctimonius politicians and international agencies in the world beating their breasts all day each day about this and that... why hasn't someone had mercy on the people of Zimbabwe killed that horrible Robert Mugabe and his cronies. Now THERE'S a good use for a cruise missile.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:37 AM   #85
sarnali
Founding Member

I thought it was Mao Tse Tung, shows what I know.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:30 AM   #86
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

...or a neutron. It's nice and quick and clean and gets things done...(apologies to J. Biafra)
Old 04-30-2005, 08:27 AM   #87
Airfiddler
Founding Member

It will have no engine. (not that they have them in the first place anyway)
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #88
schizuki
Founding Member

"And now with the service sector being "outsourced", I think ‘ol Stalin had it right when he said, "When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.""

Uh-huh. And how is Uncle Joe's Soviet Union doing these days compared to the USA?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #89
schizuki
Founding Member

"Here in OC, housing has gone up like 120% in five years to a median something like $550K, which is not 2 far off both coasts."

Housing prices up = high demand = more people buying their own homes. Leave it to a leftist to see that as a bad thing.

"the fact that like 80% of people are buying houses with interest-only adjustable-rate mortgages"

If 80% of mortage-holders are holding ARM's, I'll pay yours, JB. I doubt it's even half that. But don't let the facts intrude on your rants.

"even as interest rates have nowhere to go but up?"

Record-low interest rates also a source of anxiety to the Chicken Little crowd. You guys are priceless.

"I tell u i am worried about US economy big time..."

Well, sure. Why shouldn't you be? It's just like the Carter years, what with the double-digit inflation, double-digit unemployment, double-digit interest rates...

" Paxil barely makes a dent at this point..."

Oh, I believe it's made a large one.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:19 PM   #90
jungkvist
Founding Member

If you think in terms of communists in general - and not the USSR - it seems to me that China is doing pretty-damn good. Most favored nation status is a very nice rope and China didn't even have to pay for it, we gave it to them.

Stalin was a nut but he had it right.