Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
TEvo
Registered Member

Default Re: More of the same on Angeles Crest...

Gotta strike a balance.

Lest the authorities start closing entire routes to motorcycles...
`00 SV65
TEvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

No doubt about it. We should all trade in our motorcycles for mopeds, never exceed 15mph, and perhaps consider castration to appease the great Oz. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default It's the noise, stupid!

I'll bet a dollar to the hole in a donut that 90% of those Palomar & Angels Crest residents wouldn't even know about the speeding motorcycles if they couldn't hear them.

Low profile is the key to successful speeding. Unfortunately, many of our fellow motorcyclists are all about high profile. Loud pipes, lotsa' chrome, bright colors. They do the boy-racer thing for a few years, tire of it , then leave the mess to the lifelong riders. Some re-enter after their kids go off to college, now morphed from boy-racers to GPTB poseur, but still all about high profile and noise. Darn shame that more of them don't die while ruining it for the rest of us.

I live in the most crowded state in the union, but at 6:00 on Sunday morning, I have the best roads to myself. I ride as fast as I want, but there's no way I'm gonna' wake up the good citizens of Connecticut with loud pipes or ruin their morning church services with a full throttle fly-by. That's just plain rude!

It's up to the lifelong riders to be the adult supervision here and explain this situation to the costume party crowd down at Marcus Dairy.

Not that it will do any goodÂ…Â….

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #4
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: It's the noise, stupid!

You couldn't say it better yourself. Funny thing how individualism comes with a thunder header and a beanie these days.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"I will only give up my motorcycle to you when you pry the handle bars from my cold dead hands" Chuck Heston (adapted for currrent subject)
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh ye of little faith. I expect the govt to do as excellent a job of eliminating speeders as they have eliminating poverty. Hey wait a second.......
Old 04-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #7
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Excellent points..Sucessful speeding is all about stealth and timing as you said. Never seen speed trap at 6 AM on a Sunday or Saturday for that matter.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

LOL. OK I feel safe now thanks seruzawa.....
Old 04-26-2005, 12:40 AM   #9
Zakman
Founding Member

As an avid motorcyclist for the last 40 years 700,000 miles the whine of 4 cylinder bikes is the main culprit. If motorcyclists wou refrain from buying htese overpowered noisemakers we would all ride a lot our favorite roads with a lot less law enforcement patroling them. You don't need more than 70 hp to ride roads that require skill. I ride and SV650 and a Pacific Coast, both stock exhausts. I live on Hwy 58 and on the SV almost all objects are in the receading in the rearview mirror. You just don't need power and noise to go fast. Buy a midsized twin and learn to use it.

Zak
Zakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:06 AM   #10
cptaebphd
Founding Member

...and buttless chaps! With flames!
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote