Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-26-2005, 02:26 AM   #11
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: More of the same on Angeles Crest...

I've never ridden either of these roads and probably never will, since I live in Pa. In any event, it should be common logic everywhere that acting like a clown gets you noticed. And, as for policing our own rank, what ranks? We don't have any!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2005, 04:11 AM   #12
jimmihaffa
Founding Member

absolutely right zak...i just cringed when an acquaintance told me that his first modification to his new GSXR1000 K5 will be a set of louder pipes...these wannabe morons will ruin it for the rest of us motorcyclists...i dont blame the citizens or law enforcement officials...loud noises that overwhelm the senses are obnoxious regardless of their origin...so thanks all you selfish egghead bikers for ruining it for the rest of us
jimmihaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:46 AM   #13
Iman01
Founding Member

Accept your responsiblity in the matter. Don't sell yourself short in thinking that just because you speed quietly you aren't a problem too.
Iman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:22 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Good point. I met a guy recently who rides everywhere with his wife and luggage on his bike. They recently rode from Salt Lake to Seattle and down to Frisco and back. He loves his bike. He says its got plenty of power two-up. What is it? A 650 V-Strom. He likes the reduced weight compared to the V-Strom 1000 he traded it for. Food for thought.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:28 AM   #15
fdavis
Founding Member

Default Re: It's the noise, stupid!

Can we get an Amen!

fdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 AM   #16
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: It's the noise, stupid!

I'm wearing those right now.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:42 AM   #17
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

In your friend's defense I think the stock pipe on that bike is pretty unacceptable.....nobody wants to be a laughingstock....LOL
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:46 AM   #18
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

While your advice is probably right on those roads (though the SV requires suspension upgrades to make it acceptable for performance riding) some of us don't have the money to own two or three bikes. Many of us who want a K5 gixxer to ride on the track will have to ride it on the road too because we don't have anything else.

In the interests of full disclosure, my streetbike is an R1 and my racebike is an SV. I wanted to start racing in a less intimidating class but the R1's torquey thrust is great fun on the street or at trackdays.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 AM   #19
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Though I've never been to the Angeles Crest, or Mulholland canyon roads, or almost anywhere in LA aside from Disneyland and the 405 going to Fresno, I've read a lot about those roads here

www.mulhollandraceway.org

for those that are interested. Lots of info, maps, news, biased to the car driving perspective of course, but still interesting.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:08 AM   #20
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Though I've never been to the Angeles Crest, or Mulholland canyon roads, or almost anywhere in LA aside from Disneyland and the 405 going to Fresno, I've read a lot about those roads here

www.mulhollandraceway.org

for those that are interested. Lots of info, maps, news, biased to the car driving perspective of course, but still interesting.