Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #11
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: Fix a gas tank?

Drink the gas and run the tube from your EZ Leaker to the carb.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2005, 05:43 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

That Kreem stuff is crap, it has flaked off in every tank I, or my freinds have used it in.

If the tank is metal, have it welded.

My experience with epoxy based sealers is they will work for a short time, but the extra vibrations of a motorcycle have them cracking and leaking again.

Don't use the Kreem stuff ever, its a good way to force you to buy a new gas tank.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

No. Always use Kreem! Treat your oil with Slick 50. When engine performance fades with age use Mechanic-in-a-Can to revitalize it. Use Bardahl, too!

You friendly local Autozone has the "Wall of Magic Fluids" for all your vehicle needs. Other magic easy remedies are available through JC Whitney. There are any number of products that will increase your horsepower and mileage 10% each! Cheap too!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #14
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Of course you ran screeming like a girl. Smokin that durned girls sig. If you where smokin a manly sig (marlboro, winston, unfiltered camels etc) you would have finished the smoke and put it out right where the leak is to make the spot, and then swallowed the butt because you don't want to litter.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:41 AM   #15
johnnyb
Founding Member

well the Barr's Stop Leke seems to be allowing the jagrolet to retain its precious bodily fluids. for now. *****, i could pour some o that in srx tank...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:22 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

Never had any luck with Kreem either, it just peels off in sheets. Get it welded or get another tank, or just wear rain pants so the gas doesn't sting your nuts.......
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #17
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

This stuff works great:

http://www.prp-porstore.com/page/por...kSealers/CTRKH

I used it on a rusted-out '71 DT1MX tank, doesn't leak a drop now.

Just cover the bolt holes for the gas shut off valve (screw the bolts in before sloshing the stuff around in the tank).
Old 04-13-2005, 08:51 AM   #18
Neal
Founding Member

Since I fool with old metal tank dirt bikes Ive dealt with this problem several times.Ive had bad luck with "home repairs " and Kreem. Take it to a good radiator shop. He will braize it up and coat it...has worked for me.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:22 AM   #19
jbbishop2
Registered Member

I used Kreem on my SRX tank about four years ago, and it worked fine. It was an especially necessary deal because the tank was modified to get bigger carbs to fit and the weld of the new bottom could have been better.

Yamaha sells a two-part product that is reported to work better than Kreem. I'm going to use it on the Z50 and see how that goes.

Good luck, Monsieur Burns (I thought of you this morning when my friend showed me his brand new XB12 Lightning...he's happy as can be, and I'm looking forward to when he'll let me try it out).

jbbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #20
jbbishop2
Registered Member

I forgot the second question. I do have a spare SRX tank on a shelf in the garage...

jbbishop2@yahoo.com
jbbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote