Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #61
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Sportbikers lead police on chase

Compelling arguments on the tyranny of current traffic laws. Gee, sounds similar to drug legalization arguments.

From my point of view, I have neither the time or the skill to challenge the legal system so I guess I will just continue to be one of the sheep.

As I told the officer when he asked me why I didn't run, I can't afford the consequences of being caught. I must be getting old.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #62
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I think that you missed my point tumbler. I never intimated that it was wrong to pull over a motorcyclist for any reason, however I did try to point out that it is wrong to pull over anyone for the sole purpose of revenue generatiion. When the police pull over people for violating a one size fits all law when there is minimal or no public danger, it is the officer who is engaging in criminal behavior. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #63
v4bryan
Registered Member

...Then you were obviously following too closely to stop in time-maybe you're not as good a rider as you think you are.

Seriously, I can't think of a better idea than one in which logic and common sense are applied to the motorvehilce statutes in our states...but I'm not holding my breath. And while the thought of a jury handing down a verdict *not* finding a speeder guilty by reason of competence is appealing, the judge could and SHOULD overturn the verdict if the law was ignored during deliberation, right?

Bryan...if you want to speed, speed. If get pulled and you want to run, then run-but accept the consequences for your actions in any case...
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #64
PeteZR7
Founding Member

Whaddaya mean relax?

I am relaxed DAMMIT!
PeteZR7 is offline   Reply With Quote