Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-01-2005, 11:49 AM   #51
Cozine
Registered Member

Default Class is in session

I need some details for future *reference*, please.

Is there a particular angle you have played successfully several times?

Thanks.
Cozine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #52
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Sportbikers lead police on chase

Cojent stuff, Van.

Did the paper print your entire commentary?... No? Bastards!
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:51 PM   #53
tumbler
Founding Member

I have a feeling that a lot of the others on my shyt in other threads probably have shot there mouths off and have not had as pleasant of an experience.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #54
tumbler
Founding Member

I think in the heat of debate the point of punks running from the cops is missed and tying the holocaust to not having to obey traffic laws may be a bit of a stretch.

I think the point of liking to ride motorcyles gets missed here far too often...
Old 04-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #55
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Not only did they print my entire commentary, they gave me the whole bottom of the opinion page with the title Bird Flies In The Face of Totalitarianism, and bold print bullits of my salient points right in the middle to draw extra attention. Gess it helped when I called the corporate office a few years ago and threatened an organized boycott of thier advertisers. They fired the old publisher and editor and replaced them with actual news people. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:31 PM   #56
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

"I think in the heat of debate the point of punks running from the cops is missed and tying the holocaust to not having to obey traffic laws may be a bit of a stretch" So was your analogy of shooting at police officers. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

God, I love hyperbole!

However I wasn't the one who made the blanket claim that anyone who disobeys any law, without regard to whether or not the law is even sane, is a criminal.

The REAL criminals make the laws. People who knock over 7-11s are pickers in comparison to the average Governor or Senator.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #58
tumbler
Founding Member

Oh the first part of that comment goes to myself too. I do tend to get sucked in on these boards. But let me ask you this: Do you really defend people who run from the cops? Or, are you just living up to your email address?
Old 04-02-2005, 04:09 AM   #59
tumbler
Founding Member

No I didn't. I started off with running from the cops makes you a criminal, period. You and Beemer seem to think that it is outrageous for cops to pull over any motorcyclist for any reason. Then we have to get into a debate over the tyranny of the government here at MOTORCYCLE.com.

Wasn't there someone that used to post here and always wanted to talk politcs and world issues instead of motorcycles. What was his name? You know the one who would jump into other people's debates. What was his name? Damn this short attention span. I just can't seem to remember. You know now I am not even sure it was just one guy...
Old 04-02-2005, 06:13 AM   #60
SRMark
Founding Member

If you don't obey the laws, you will be subject to fines and/or imprisonment. If you don't like the laws, move to have them changed. Until them, I suggest you obey them or put up the consequences with some dignity. You want anarchy? Go for it. The rest of us will track you down.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote