Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Billy Lane Avoids Fender Fire

Someone that rides a motorcycle actually watches this s**t..............
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
schizuki
Founding Member

Hell, yeah, I watch these. Why would I want to miss flammable seats, broken frames, stripped cylinder-head bolts, airborne seatpans, zero-ground-clearance catastrophic ejections...

Anybody who enjoys superb factory engineering loves watching these glorified welders and their $60,000 deathtraps.

Schadenfreude rules!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, I watch occasionally, too. When good 'ole Billy designed his "innovative" underseat exhaust ("I ain't never seen a bike with one of them 'fore," said one dumbstruck biker rally attendee.) I just had to watch with morbid curiosity. The sense of comedic impending doom was too strong to resist.

Hey, Billy, did you think routing super-hot exaust gasses up your a$$ was a good idea? (It's supposed to be the other way around, dummy.) How 'bout some insulation? Oh, yeah, after you lit your butt on fire, you "solved" the problem with a sheet of aluminimun foil. Quite an engineer you are.

You gotta watch. It's priceless.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
fool4mybuell
Founding Member

Chopper themed TV shows must be near the end of their 15 minutes of fame. Enough already. Let's see some real world motorcycle programming.
fool4mybuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

What the hell, I watch Jerry Springer once in awhile. Guess I shouldn't be such a snob.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, I have to admit I enjoy watching someone create something with their hands. Unfortunately, there are only so many gas tanks and fenders you can see without being bored very quickly. (And most of those are just ordered from a catalog, along with the frame and every other component, and cut in one of about five or six different ways.)

I really get a kick out of how little thought there is given to function and the seeming lack of any real motorcycle knowledge that some of these guys have. I'm certainly no expert, but it's obvious that some of these guys are completely full of shyte.

No front brakes? Jockey shift? 8 ft. wheelbase? I mean, I know motorcycling always involves some aspect of posing, but really, this chopper thing is totally absurd. "Custom" kit bikes? Are they kidding?

I'd like to know how all of these custom shops are staying in business. When I was shopping for the Daytona, I went to one of my local Triumph dealers that also carries a "custom" bike line. What pieces of shyte these things were--all for an asking price starting at about 30 large. Must be a lot of rubes with some cash.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #7
Lastwatch
Founding Member

Rubes or "rubs"?
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

A Rub is a "rich urban biker." You gotta get with the lingo bro.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
Lastwatch
Founding Member

Actually it was a pitiful attempt at humor, implying that rubes and rubs were often one in the same.
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #10
schizuki
Founding Member

Can you imagine a motorcycle equivalent of "Fifth Gear"? God, that would be sweet.

Get on it, Brits!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote