Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Billy Lane Avoids Fender Fire (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2698-billy-lane-avoids-fender-fire.html)

RubberPants 03-12-2005 08:09 PM

Re: Billy Lane Avoids Fender Fire

I'm so glad ................I have a souped up "custom" ZX10R for a lowley $15,000.00! I could have 3 of these for one of those "biker build off" deals that are a total joke. I know I had a custom V twin expensive bike and who needs the stress? My only stress now is ....................WHERE ARE THE COPS? That's about it!

pdad13 03-12-2005 08:14 PM

Just to set the record straight, I meant "rubes" as in "bumpkins." But you're right, many times they're one in the same.

RosevilleRod 03-13-2005 02:43 AM

Dudes, lighten up! There's room in the hobby for everyone that rides on two wheels. They are our brothers, even if we hide them in the backroom when company comes...

Buzglyd 03-13-2005 05:00 AM

I have a friend of mine that has been invited to these "Biker Build-offs" several times and he always declines.

He builds customs and does H-D service as well. He thinks it's a kooky as most of us do.

SeanAlexander 03-13-2005 10:40 AM

Fifth Gear Rules!

Fifth Gear gets my vote as both the best motojournalism -and- the best overall program I've ever seen on TV. I'm inspired every time they take a pair of cars to Anglesy and let Tiff wring them out. -Sean

bowtydaddy 03-13-2005 12:23 PM

Went to Daytona for bike week. It's more of a media event than a motorcycle one. There seemed to be more cars than usual, Mom, Dad and the kids hoping to get a look at the OCC boys.

On the positive side, the new chopper craze has been good for the little guys (fabricators). Still I wonder..........have these Discovery channel "movie stars" ever ridden a real motorcycle, or maybe they did and decided they look better on a parade float.

pplassm 03-14-2005 08:53 AM

"Schadenfreude!" I was looking for that word the other day. Thanks, but too late.

pplassm 03-14-2005 08:55 AM

If the economy is in such bad shape, how come all these guys are still in business? Kpaul, are you there?

LOL!!!

rsmeanie 03-14-2005 11:14 AM

"Still I wonder..........have these Discovery channel "movie stars" ever ridden a real motorcycle"

Sure they do, remember when Paul Sr. bought Jr. an Ultra Classic? Now they both have one.

lwatcdr 03-14-2005 12:25 PM

Quite an engineer you are.

They are not engineers they are "artists". I have to admit that most choppers seem to be more for looking at than for riding.

I thought that a Chopper function was an expression of the owner/builder. If you do buy one what is the point?

I guess it is not all that differn't than Hot Rods except that most most hot rods these days are better cars than the original material.