Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #11
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Live Daytona Coverage

I commented on this problem a few days ago. Our VCR and cable box are in a cabinet. I tape the doors shut and leave a note on it. That works with older kids. Plus, I guess it's age, but I always forget that the SpeedTV schedule is listed for eastern time. You can print it out with whatever time zone you're in, which is what I have to do because I can no longer subtract. I hate finding I've recorded NASCAR highlights three hours after the race was over.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #12
SRMark
Founding Member

I just checked several sources and the Buell is nowhere in any top 15. Must have been drinking too heavily to see straight. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #13
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Not a problem. I just would like to see someone other than Honda win a FX race
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #14
RonXX
Founding Member

Default SCREW TIME-WARNER CABLE!!!

I can't tell you how much I hate my cable company. They charge $50 a month for basic cable (!), and don't even carry SPEED. I would love to have DirecTV, but they can't use the installed cable jacks in my apartment. I would have to have wires everywhere on the floor and unplug the satellite if I wanted to shut the balcony door.

If there are any San Diego lawyers reading this, how about a class action lawsuit against Time-Warner Cable for putting thousands of people under tremendous mental distress?
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #15
edward44
Founding Member

Wot a letdown! The big guns in Superbike run 15 (count 'em) laps and go home and then the second string run the 200. What a disappointment! I taped it on Tivo and will watch the 200 manana.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #16
SRMark
Founding Member

As I watched the FX race on Saturday, the announcers stated that the Yamaha that had qualified 5th was incorrectly listed as a Buell. Then, right after they made that statement, they put up the same erroneous message. I didn't think I had been drinking that heavily. So, the mystery has been cleared up. Their mistake, not mine. I feel so much better. The race, however, sucked.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:20 PM   #17
cfc
Registered Member

I heard the same thing on speed channel, and I checked on another website (can't find it now) and they showed buell with Shawn Higbee 5th on the grid. I tuned in to see if the Buell would have a chance, and what a bore. It was a race until the first pit stop and then it was dull.

I'd really hoped to see a Buell at least make a bit of a showing. Still, how did they get this so screwed up. I didn't even see a buell in the qualifying rounds on the AMA website. I don't even know if Higbee is riding for Buell.

Eric get yourself a pilot, some HD$$ (i hear they have a few) and put in an effort. People are starting to notice the product, and exposure like this will do nothing to hurt sales. Just making a top 10 starting grid position would be a start.

As for a powerplant keep it simple, redesign the lump with a 4 valve ohc, stronger, faster, lighter,and keep it air cooled (hey you're a genius aren't you?) Good luck

cfc is offline   Reply With Quote