Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-10-2005, 02:57 AM   #1
giganto
Registered Member

Default Re: Speed Channel Programming

First Toast!

..Erm.. seems the usual rogering Cold Medicine, er Speed Chan has been giving us for some time. Not even sure if this is the crest of Nascar tidal wave. More to come methinks.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2005, 02:59 AM   #2
rob6118
Founding Member

Lol, first post. But I agree. Around a year ago I started watching the speed channel and loved how much supersport, superbike, and motogp action there was every tuesday. But recently all I see is Nascar, or sometimes some motocross which is hit or miss. The quality of the motorcycle programming has certainly been removed as a priority .
rob6118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:27 AM   #3
tumbler
Founding Member

Can't they just make a spin-off station for just Nascar? Then Speed could have every other type of racing. I personally do not get the appeal of Nascar. It is so boring watching four hours of driving in circles and races being decided in the pits. I know die-hard Nascar fans that purposely tape races so they can fast forward through most of the race. I tape motorcycle races so I can fast-forward through comercials.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:59 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

They could make a spin off for NASCAR, but then the spin off will make mucho bucks and the Speed Channel will go out of business. If you were in a business, which segement of the market would you cater to, the 500 people that watch MC racing, or the 5 million that watch NASCAR? It's a no-brainer.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:03 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm not sure you should flood Speed with nasty-grams just yet. It would better to thank them for giving MC racing any time at all, because they could probably get more viewers interviewing Robby Gordon's tire changer in that time slot. Like it or not, NASCAR makes the cash. See how many people show up for the Daytona 200 as compared to the Daytona 500, and that should give you a hint.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:13 AM   #6
mhertz17
Registered Member

Speed Channel is not what it used to be. No Paris-Dakar was shown and what happened to MotoGP and WRC? Still a few good programs but not nearly as much as in the past.
mhertz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:16 AM   #7
mile_eater
Founding Member

Quityer*****in'

I love motorcycle racin', and I love NASCAR. I'm happy that anyone is broadcasting races at all, and you should be too.

Then again... I'm retired... so I can watch at 1pm... while you poor pathetic bastards are at work! hahahhaahahah!

Old 03-10-2005, 04:42 AM   #8
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I miss the "old" Speedvision. It seemed to be run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:34 AM   #9
pplassm
Founding Member

P-D is now on OLN. So is the ISDE.

PP
Old 03-10-2005, 05:35 AM   #10
SRMark
Founding Member

I'm old enough to remember when you got to see an occasional MX race, a bit of the Super Biker series, the very occasional dirt track race and the all- too-often circus that was Evel Knievel. That was it. Speed Channel does a great job. Enjoy what you get you spoiled little bastards. It can be a whole lot worse. Look at what you'll be getting this week. Damn Merlot drinkers.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote