Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-10-2005, 05:36 AM   #11
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed Channel Programming

I agree. Remember when they showed the Reno air races and world aerobatic championships. Airplanes are cool, too.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2005, 05:42 AM   #12
tumbler
Founding Member

Channels having spin off channels is not a new thing. The money they get from Honda's advertising machine alone should keep them in business. If they made a spin off channel they might increase their revenew. We get our non-Nascar programming, the other 5 million get their Nascar 24/7 uninterrupted by that annoying good racing. Just like MTV, VH1, and MTV2. There are many, many other forms of racing besides MC racing and the combined viewship would easily sustain a network. We're talking cable here. Not to mention you don't have to just watch one channel.

BTW, KPaul finally left so you really don't have to be abrasive to everyone else. I have a fully functioning brain, as do most everyone else you disagree with and attack here.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:49 AM   #13
Tigercub
Founding Member

Isn't that the truth. Section after section of empty seats. Are the "bikers" at Daytona just taking a break from NASCAR races?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:53 AM   #14
Tigercub
Founding Member

That's what programmed recording is for. As long as I can keep my family from turning everything off before they all leave the house. Nothing like coming home to find one of my kids finally decides to do something helpful around the house and shuts off the calbe box before she leaves!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:08 AM   #15
Tigercub
Founding Member

Reality's a *****. There is no respect for our sport. But, I am not going to thank SpeedTV for shoving motorcyle racing off the air to broadcast NASCAR crap. What a lame race. It's expensive demolition derby. But, I guess if you like demolition derby then NASCAR is not that bad. At least the cars start out nicely finished and painted, before they get smashed up.

I watched part of the Daytona 500 and noticed that the drivers, or at least the top team drivers, actually have people directing their driving, especially through collisions and debris. So, the driver doesn't seem to have to actually drive the car much. I think basically they could pilot the car from a remote location. The technology seems to exist in the cars already to do that. Plus the driver could avoid getting hurt. They could be up in the booth watching the race and providing commentary. If the race is mostly about watching nice cars get smashed up why endanger the driver? I'm on to something here.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

OLN has some pretty good programming, so does FoxSportsWorld. Lot's of rally cars and other forms of racing. I watch a lot of soccer on it too
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:17 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I was being logical, not abrasive. NASCAR is 100 times more popular than motorcycle racing. It's the easiest form of racing viewership to attact and keep. It doesn't really matter if you like it or not, it makes lots of money, and that's the bottom line for any business.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:19 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The old version was better, but then those enthusiasts had to pay the bills. WELCOME NASCAR!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:25 AM   #19
nokneedragin
Founding Member

I'm sure there where people saying ESPN2 and 3 where bad ideas at the time (I think I have 5 ESPN channels off the sat.)

Seriously, Speed2, Reno, Dakar, WSB (ss, & sb), all AMA, dirt track, Formula 1, IRL, Aerobatic competition, inside stories on all the other racing series, supermoto, world endurance coverage, velodrome races, drag races (not men in dresses), the list goes on and on. Then Speed1 can be all Nascar all the time, the money maker, take all the racing enthusiast left at speed, and tranfer them to Speed2, let them do what they used to do. What made them money before, and grew them to the point that FOX noticed and bought them out.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:25 AM   #20
tumbler
Founding Member

Noone would disaggree that an all Nascar channel would be hugely successful, but a channel with other types of racing will not die just because Nascar is big here. Like I said before VH1, MTV, BET, and MTV2 all have found viewership and most of those viewers probably watch more than just one of those channels too. I believe that I also said other forms of racing not just motorcycle racing. I am not advocating an all motorcycle channel.

Yes you are extremely abrassive. Read about any post you made with reguards to performance increases from different exhaust pipes. I think others like myself don't post as much as they probably would because you and few others jump down everyone's throats for stating their opinions and experiences.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote