Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #101
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's some dyno's

Yamaha offers a bunch of hop up kits for the Road Star line. I'm not sure about Kawi or Honda. Those "modern" liquid-cooled cruisers don't make any more power given the same displacement.

The MoFoCo makes plenty of extra bones selling that stuff. The TC Motor can easily make 95 hp and tq with stock compression.

The MoCO makes extra bones plus it's probably a lot safer giving those re-entry riders 65 hp instead of 120.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #102
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Loud Pipes Lose Rights?

Of course it's full coverage. 100/300. I'm 40 and I've been riding since I was 11.

Don't confuse the stats. The fastest growing segment is older riders on large displacement bikes. That doesn't mean the most accidents are that group. Chances are Harleys are represented because Harley sells the most "heavyweight" bikes by far.

Sportbikes still win the prize in absolute numbers. Just ask your insurance agent.

I never said all sportbike riders were squids but all squids ride japanese sportbikes.

Are you assuming that a Ducati and MV Agusta aren't "sportbikes?"
Old 03-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #103
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: It's not us, it's them!

Loud clutches save lives!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #104
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I didn't say I didn't like 2 strokes. A nicely tuned CR500 can rattle one's teeth.

The older 4 strokes were pretty lame sounding but the newer high revving ones sound pretty bad ass to me.

The worst sound is a BMW Boxer by the way! Talk about flatulent!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #105
dogcatfud
Registered Member

In addition to that, we also need to improve the construction and maintenance of our highway system.
dogcatfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #106
robar123
Founding Member

While I am more of a medium pipe sound/good performance fan I have to completely disagree with your statement about the squids taking it easy around town and traffic. Gimmie a break, just take a listen on any nice summer evening and take a count of how many squid & twins you hear revÂ’in them out like a bunch of dorkÂ’s and I think youÂ’ll find that itÂ’s just about even. I see just as many sport bikes as VÂ’s around Chicago with exhaust mods and in most cases they just seem to be either making noise or causing traffic issues. Basically I feel that if your gonna mod the bike go for it, have fun, be safe and donÂ’t ruin it for the rest of us Â… There is a time and place for fun, there are too many folks out there taking chances because they sound cool or can go fast. If your gonna rip on it, do it were your not going to ***** off the non riders and possibly hurt or kill yourself or somebody else. Just my twist on things Â…
robar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #107
Dixit
Registered Member

We will pay a price one day because of loud pipes and stupid behavior. I do love the sound of a Harley but it doesn't have to be loud to be appreciated. Harleys come stock with very restrictive exhausts because their pipes have to have a specific look. That look is what is limiting the design and the volume of their exhaust system. A big twin needs more intake and exhaust volume than a four cylinder engine for equal performance and sound level. I think that it is due to the larger volume variation/pulse of a twin for one rotation.
Dixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #108
dogcatfud
Registered Member

Many people drive with the windows closed and radio playing or are distracted by cell phone conversations. Even if they heard your exhaust noise, how would they know it is motorcycle? And why would they care?
dogcatfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #109
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Look out Condoleeza!

Don't these guys watch American Thunder? I just watch it for the girl and her cleavage. However, I thought American Thunder had a project bike in which they tried all of this stuff. Bottom line I remember their conclusions about performance were inline with what your are saying longride.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #110
EthanR
Founding Member

You're spot-on about the Valk. I put glass packs (Cherry Bombs) and tractor-trailor stacks on mine, and the sound is great! And still not nearly as loud as a typical aftermarket-piped HD.