Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-07-2005, 07:16 AM   #61
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Why I Ride

The Blogspot people probably sent him their guidelines and then he gave them one of his "Blogging for Dummies" lectures.

They weren't nearly as forgiving as Sean.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2005, 07:22 AM   #62
jkofsky
Founding Member

No, no, no, "what's it all about" is Alfie.

Who's on first again?
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:39 AM   #63
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Perhaps they had to explain to him that libel and slander were not part of "Freedom of Speach."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:01 AM   #64
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: Faster

"Remarkably since 1960 only one MotoGP racer has died on the track, and that, was in a vehicle with 4-wheels... not two."

Sadly, this quote is not true. Remember Kato last year?
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:56 AM   #65
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Faster

My bad. I wrote this before Kato died.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #66
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

You are a lucky man. My wife won't go near my motorcycle. Nothing sexier to me than an attractive women riding a Sportster. Wow Down boy. Back to work....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #67
SRMark
Founding Member

I watch the Simpsons quite a bit, but I too am 50, ride for myself and by myself. I like quiet bikes but like just about anything with two wheels and an engine. I walk the C&O Canal quite a bit and find it similar to a good bike ride. You sound like you have your head screwed on straight.

One of my favorite motorcycle tests appeared in Motorcycle Sport Quarterly. It was a comparison between a Triumph Bonneville and a Yamaha XS1. Two really nice bikes at that time, they were, and I really liked that Yamaha. Still do.

BTW, mid life clarity is a wonderful thing. It's sad to think that that shrink won't get to experience it.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #68
pdad13
Founding Member

So true. I actually never made it to the altar. No one on the outside could figure out why it fell apart: she was beautiful, bright, sweet and her family was loaded. Of course, no one really knew her like me. She was scheduled to marry someone else last I heard. Poor bastard.

Now, what the hell happened to my new favorite source of entertainment? Did they run a poll already?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #69
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Because it’s fun!!! Pure and simple To make it plain – I remember back when I was a little kid and put my legs over the seat of a mini bike, you know those little bikes with a 3.5 briggs motor. Let me tell you as I moved down my neighborhood road I was in instant heaven. This was the most awesome thing, and ya know what? The only chrome on the bike if any would have been the handlebars. My parents would never let me have one. My cousin had a Yamaha enduro and was brave enough to let me ride it. Oh man! This thing had gears and was faster. Not long after that I remember some Yamaha commercials ending with their slogan at the time "One day you will own a Yamaha" or something like that.

I swore to myself even though my parents would never let me have one, one day I would be out of the house and I too would own a Yamaha or at least some 2 wheeled motor powered something. I am now on my 5th bike and I still ride for the same reason. I have joined a couple riding clubs but to I actually prefer to ride alone because then I have total freedom to ride as long and far as my body will let me. I donÂ’t get any pleasure out of owning a motorcycle. I donÂ’t own a motorcycle to impress anyone else with brand names, or how much shinny areas are on my ride, I own a motorcycle so I can still ride, and I still ride because itÂ’s fun.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #70
f4ik9
Founding Member

I think it is as close to flying as you can get without leaving the ground. Kinda like a roller coaster you can repeat, but you are the driver and you don't have to wait in line.

Also, for me, it seems to have a cleansing effect. After about twenty minutes of riding, I am a new person no matter what I am riding or where.
f4ik9 is offline   Reply With Quote