Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 AM   #1
red916
Founding Member

Default Re: Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself

Damn. That dude was cool. But now he's dead. Let's go for a ride. Then let's get stoned.
red916 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
stoney8888
Founding Member

Very nice review. Very informitive. Ive been wanting to buy a 900SP and now I know what it is like.

I will miss Mr Thomson

I think he almost turned into MR. ALLCAPS in the second to the last paragraph.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:14 AM   #3
SuperBill
Founding Member

Too bad he didnÂ’t go out on two wheelsÂ…Â…

Fair winds and following seas to the most imaginative and colorful writer of my generation.

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:15 AM   #4
Vlad
Registered Member

He could always remind you in writing that living balls out was the only way. As he once said: "I'm not going to recommend massive quantities of alcohol and illegal drugs, random violence, or cheap, meaningless sex to anyone else. But they've always worked for me."

Damn, the man could write.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:21 AM   #5
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Shine On You Crazy Bast-ard!

When John Lennon died, I mourned our collective loss of innocence, then puked my guts out in the Presence of the Porcelain God, after confessing my sins to a bottle of German Rhine Wine (that Third Reich SacramentÂ’s MurderÂ…ya donÂ’t watch yourself).

Popes have come and gone – digging their own graves with their post-hole-digger hats – and their Souls and their Goofy-Ideas have been hurtled into the steaming bowls of Eternity (with their Mortal Remains dressed up like a Faberge Eggs, so they looked Silly as Hell) and I couldn’t have cared less.

There have been Wars, Famine, Genocide, Fratricide, Murder, Mayhem, Boy Bands, Elvis Impersonators and IÂ’ve NOW lived to see Breast Meat at McDonald / WendyÂ’s / BillyÂ’s Burger Barn, and even at The Super Bowl, and everyone of those thing have been shocking to someÂ…but not to me.

Because, Chaos/ Insanity/Madness/Lunacy, and every sort of Pig-Ignorant-Bull-$hit that could ever be imagined has (at on time or another) been run through Hunter S. ThompsonÂ’s Warped and Turbulent Stream of Consciousness...so, itÂ’s all sorta made sense.

Let the Feeding Frenzy Begin! Let the Silicone-Pig-Goddess of Network TV Pronounce! THE KING IS DEAD and that my heart is broken. And INSANITY will now and forever be, Just That! The Prism has been broken, our eyes have been made blindÂ…The Oricle of What The F--k...No Longer Speaks.

Somebody gimme me my Remote and a hand me a switch-bladeÂ…now, I gotta watch the World go to Hell while cleaning my toenailsÂ…The Wheel of Fortune just took a turn for the worseÂ…and, ainÂ’t nobody left to explain things anymoreÂ…Nevermore?

Rest In Peace (you Crazy SOB I shall miss you forever and always.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Shine On You Crazy Bast-ard!

Well said.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:56 AM   #7
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

We need more of his kind, more and more. My condolences to his family and friends.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:00 AM   #8
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default RIP HST

well, i liked the guy and all, and aks not for whom the bell tolls, etc. But I have to say HST always seemed a little over-rated to me. Look no further than the Ducati CW thing. Fun to read, but about as accurate as, well, not very accurate is it? Which is what journalism is mainly supposed to be. Or that was the goal once upon a time. His Hells Angels book was fun, c. 1965. Should've sent him maybe a Hayabusa. Sort of sad ending, another guy trapped by his own fame...

johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 AM   #9
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default Ha!

You, of all people, should fall to your knees and worship that man, as he broke ground that all moto-journalists happily dance upon now.

As if anything printed in a motorcycle magazine since 1973 has conformed to any traditional definition of journalism! And Hunter (and Wolfe, and some others) made it OK.
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #10
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: RIP HST

Sometimes something that passes for "journalism" isn't (Your Government is spending your money to tell you how to think!) but if it takes us somewhere off the beaten path, makes us feel and Think maybe there is value still. You well know this I know.