Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #81
f4ik9
Founding Member

Default Re: Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself

You got conscripted to serve on a grand jury huh? Yeah, nothing sucks like having to fulfill a civic duty guaranteed in the constitution.

Hey SuperBill, maybe you ought to wake up and realize what is going on. Just a coupla bales of grass huh? Ever wonder where the money goes for that harmless ole weed? It goes to a contiuing criminal enterprise that doesn't care who they hurt or kill in order to get their product to the streets.

Ever hear of a Ga. police officer named Robbie Bishop? Look him up on Google. That is just one example of what happens when you run up against just some ole harmless weed smugglers. There are several more people (and dogs) who have a bounty on their head 'cause they are doing their best to keep illegal narcotics coming into our country.

Hey, but it's just weed, right? Nothing harmful or gateway about that, huh? TWO FREAKIN' TONS was recently recovered in our city 'cause someone hooked the wrong rail car to the wrong engine in Brownsville, Tx. Nah, nobody lost their life in that 'cause after all, it was just weed.

The British didn't have to fire a shot in their conquest of China. All they had to do was ship in Opium from one of their other colonies, Afghanistan. But, I mean, it was just Hash, no harm in that.

Keep on Rockin' JB. Glad to see someone else has a differing opinion of the consensus.
f4ik9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #82
f4ik9
Founding Member

Thanks for deleting my last post. So much for tolerance of differing viewpoints.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:35 PM   #83
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Sorry to pop your bubble, but officer Bishop's demise was more the cause of an idiotic government policy than any inherent evil associated with "weed." Look here.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/walker6.html

VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #84
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I'm not sure what caused the deletion of your post. I've written some pretty contraversial stuff here, and have NEVER been censored. In the interest of fairness please e-mail me your comment, and I will respond to you personally. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #85
f4ik9
Founding Member

Yeah, Bush was so horrible and the people wanted him gone so bad we got him out of there...wait, no, he was re-elected. Good to see some folks made it out of the 60's and 70's with brain cells intact.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #86
SuperBill
Founding Member

Thanks for the civics lesson, bro. Guess those six years in the submarine service didn't count. Ditto my free service on various town boards & committees. Probably don't want to consider the half-dozen times I've been called for local jury duty, either.

Interesting, too, that some Americans are not even expected to fulfill their civic duty on a jury. For instance, the judge that oversees our jury excused a professor from a "traditionally rich girl" college that was apparently too busy wiping their little white bottoms to read the part of the summons that said that teachers were "automatically" excused from grand jury duty. And don't forget police officers and firefighters, who are also automatically excused.

I've read and re-read my copy of the Constitution looking for the part that says I can be conscripted for jury duty or military service. Can't seem to find it. Can you help me out on that one?

Maybe one day I WILL wake up and realize what is going on. Or then again, maybe I already know. Maybe I know that the last time outlaws and gangsters and "the mob" were deeply involved in the liquor trade was during the alcohol prohibition years. Maybe it's the laws that create an environment where criminal activity flourishes.

Maybe I ask every DEA and FBI agent that testifies before our jury if he or she thinks we're making progress on this war on drugs. Maybe the uniform answer is "no."

Just so you know, I don't use drugs and never have (as long as you don't count caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol). I have seen how drugs destroy lives. It is a horrible, terrible thing. It destroys people, their families, and their communities. And the current "war on drugs" is diminishing drug use not a whit.

It is, however, doing a great job of filling up our prisons.

Prohibition was the wrong solution to the alcohol problem and it is the wrong solution to the drug problem.

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #87
Buzglyd
Founding Member

No one deleted your post. You need to change your comments setup so you can view all posts.

The message board castaway has taken to over moderating all the posts in a desparate search for attention.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:31 PM   #88
f4ik9
Founding Member

You are not popping anyone's bubble. During his criminal trial, it was discovered Jeffrey McGee had been hired to specifically kill Capt. Robbie Bishop for Bishop's interdiction of several shipments of Marijuana.

Don't give me any kook's website either. I can give you all the web adresses to opionated people you want. Doesn't make it plain truth.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #89
f4ik9
Founding Member

Sure anytime. I served also, didn't have to be conscripted. Maybe you will take a look at crime stats for the years of prohibition and see that virtually every crime was down. "Outlaws and gangsters" are still involved in the smuggling of liquor everyday. Gotta get around those pesky taxes even though the liquor itself is legal. Not to mention the hijacking of trucks and cargo.

Never said the constitution said you could be "conscripted" for anything. I said the constitution guarantees you a right by a jury of your peers. You are the one whining about having to serve on it.

You are right about the current war on drugs not diminishing the usage of narcotics (not counting caff, nic, or alc). But legalizing it will not make the problems they cause go away.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #90
f4ik9
Founding Member

I've got my setup so I can view all posts. I posted an "upchuck" that was viewable for about 30 minutes. Then it disappeared. No matter how many times I re-logged on it just wasn't there.

I don't get the second line. "Over moderating" huh?