Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2679-hunter-s-thompson-kills-himself.html)

longride 02-24-2005 04:06 AM

Re: No kidding

He just used cheap debate tactic #2. "When cornered, change the subject of the argument." LOL He seems a bit down since his bytch left, and maybe even more than when Kerry lost. Just blame everything on Bush, and all will be well, or threaten to leave this horrible country, or tell him how embarrassed you are to be American, or how much you love Michael Moore and Clinton, the "other" voices of "reason" and "truth". Just think, you could be JB's lifetime friend and hero, if you just say those things. Do it. You know you want to!

Buzglyd 02-24-2005 04:27 AM

Well I don't speak for longride jb and he doesn't speak for me.

Hell I'd drink beer with both of you but I'm guessing you might be the cheaper date.

jungkvist 02-24-2005 04:39 AM

TO HAVE and WTF!

Yeah, but, then there was "To Have And Have Not" or as I remember it "WTF Was That All About!"

seruzawa 02-24-2005 04:45 AM

Re: Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself

Ummm... the venality of politicians is nothing new, y' know. It all started when Og decided he wanted to move into Nog's cave, so he convinced the rest of his tribe that Nog's tribe was a danger to their way of life, or they were subhuman or some such lie. The rest is history.

jungkvist 02-24-2005 05:25 AM

TRANSCENDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Transcendence is allot to say of any writer; and I wouldn’t consider any writer of this, or the last generation - including HST - as such. However, HST had the ability to write, make funny, and illuminate, so that, if you could keep-up – his absurdity became less absurd, in the face of so many of the things we all take so seriously: Politics, Politicians, Certain Laws, Las Vegas, the Super Bowl and any of a number of other Hair-brained-Crap that Americans love. God, I only wish he would’ve written a book on NASCAR!

Of the Beat Boys, I would consider Burroughts to be the closest to transcendent. The brutal honesty with which Burroughs wrote about addiction- and the insane dementia of his own mind, while under the influence in Naked Lunch – was Beyond Remarkable, especially for the time it was written. Naked Lunch was disjointed, confusing, barely readable, terrifying, and perverted to the point of madness; and it is ‘til this day, the most accurate portraial of Addiction, ever written. And thought Burroughs admitted to not remembering writing Naked Lunch; it is a testament to his honesty, and his searching soul, that he had the courage to write it - and thus, show to the world, and claim, his own perverse life. That Took Balls!

BMW4VWW 02-24-2005 05:36 AM

A pretty sneaky trick, that apologizing thing. Now I'll have to go back into the bathrorm and rant at myself in the mirror again. ;-) VWW

jkofsky 02-24-2005 05:42 AM

Didn't remark on it because it wasn't relevant to the issue at hand. If you'll read my other post, you'll see that I'm pretty strongly in favor of legalization in any case. I just don't buy that the government doesn't have the right to regulate interstate commerce OR that resorting to the Federalist Papers makes sense to overrule clearly stated rights (as opposed to when intent is key to deciding how to handle ambiguous issues.)

On this issue you bring up, I can't pretend to be enough of a constitutional scholar to speak authoritatively, but would personally root for states' rights to prevail if for no other reason than denying Marijuana to people for whom it serves legitimate medical purposes is orders of magnitude worse than forcing me to break the law to obtain it (at minimal risk since when was the last time you heard of affluent white users of ANY drug being busted for recreational use in their homes!)

BMW4VWW 02-24-2005 06:01 AM

You know seruzawa, that if Dale keeps this up it won't be long before we find him on some busy street corner ranting a passing motorists with his hair all disheveled, and foam in the corners of his mouth. Then we'll be forced to induct him into the "club." VWW

mile_eater 02-24-2005 06:09 AM

We don't mind a differing point of view. We just prefer it to be one based on sound reason and logic.

The only people we want exiled are the ones who whine to much when we take advantage of our First Amendment Right to make fun of them.

Thats the beauty of it. You get to have talk... and we get to make fun of you for bein' a moron.

seruzawa 02-24-2005 06:11 AM

we find him on some busy street corner ranting a passing motorists with his hair all disheveled, and foam in the corners of his mouth.

Hey! Didn't that guy just replace Terry McAuliffe?