Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #131
jkofsky
Founding Member

Default Re: Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself

Don't reread, just rethink.

The consitution's guarantee of a right to indictment and trial by Grand and Petit Juries respectively can only be understood to imply a governmental right to empanel them. Otherwise, it would be meaningless.

jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2005, 07:44 AM   #132
jkofsky
Founding Member

One of the carefully enumerated powers is that of regulating commerce between foreign countries and the U.S. and between states. The war on drugs may be counterproductive, but it's not unconstitutional.
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #133
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Private note to SA

C'mon SBP. As a world-renowned physicist, you of all people should know that relieved of the earthly burdens of mass, gravity, and friction (not to mention supersized luv handles), I would put a lappin' on you and your breather brethren!

Don't fear the reaper, Baby. There's gonna be some good ridin' on the other side!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:01 AM   #134
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: No kidding

Right, it is all black and white cut and dried. Anybody who expresses a different viewpooint should be exiled. I despise the US so bad, I enlisted in the army for 4 years, back when i was a pup, just to express my displeasure.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:56 AM   #135
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: No kidding

jb, must you drag every argument to an extreme and then attack the extreme? It's a pretty cheap debate tactic. The old strawman has taken enough of a beating today.

Ward Churchill - Free speech icon

Pres. of Harvard - Evil misogynist
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:07 AM   #136
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Private note to SA

Are you saying you won't be as "well-marbled" in the afterlife?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #137
mike_lashmore
Founding Member

If you knew anything, you would know that HST never espoused his lifestyle for anyone.

We are still having to clean up the mess caused by official supression of conciousness expanding substances.

HST was very close to his family in his final days, it seems he had some severe health problems. It takes courage to take hallucinogenic drugs, and it takes courage to put a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger (try it sometime and see).

Obviously, we need more people to reveal how crooked our politicians are. Condi Rice is supposedly a student of history, and she's a big lier too.

Vietnam was very important as an example of a horrible mistake, one that is being repeated right now in Iraq.

mike_lashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:31 AM   #138
ebass
Founding Member

Default From CNN today

"I think he (HST) made a conscious decision that he had an incredible run of 67 years, lived the way he wanted to, and wasn't going to suffer the indignities of old age," Brinkley said in a telephone interview from Aspen. "He was not going to let anybody dictate how he was going to die."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/book....ap/index.html

We should all be so cowardly. May those of you who feel that spending life as a drooling, decrepit, sack of putrefying meat marinating in its own p*ss and sh*t is somehow enobling, I hope you live to be 110.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #139
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

If you'd bothered to read your history you'd find the commerce clause was met to promote free trade between the states by stopping the states from placing tariffs on each others goods. Even if we were to accept your definition of the commerce clause the Federal government would still have no right to interfere with intrastate use, so they have obviously over stepped their constitutional authority. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #140
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: From CNN today

The right to determine one's fate should always be in his own hands. Good for you ebass. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote