Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #91
f4ik9
Founding Member

Default Re: Hunter S. Thompson Kills Himself

I reposted in a reply above. Anyway, you and I are in a pretty good conversation right now. Thanks.
f4ik9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2005, 06:12 PM   #92
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Perhaps you need to log in to the members section as down rated comments don't show up to the general pulblic. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #93
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Seeing as how you failed to grasp the obvious, Jeffrey McGee had been hired to specifically kill Capt. Robbie Bishop for Bishop's interdiction of several shipments of Marijuana, because the stupid government policy made a weed that grows wild in many parts of our country more valuable than gold. It was the artificial worth of the weed ( due to said stupid policy), and the greed of the drug dealers that popped up to fill a demand for something that people want that killed officer Bishop, not the marajuana. VWW
Old 02-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #94
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

If you have some secret line on the statistics of crime going down during prohibition I'd be interested in seeing them. Isn't it odd that EVERYONE else that has looked into the issue pegs prohibition with the rise of organized crime in the U.S. ? Too bad you didn't read the link that I gave you. It's true that legalizing drugs won't make people stop using them, however the government usurpation of our rights, and the hideous waste of our money WOULD be diminished. VWW
Old 02-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #95
f4ik9
Founding Member

Oh, I see. The criminal enterprise who hired this man and the man himself aren't responsible. The US gvmnt. is. Just how are you celebrating the passing of HST anyway.

If I follow you're broken line of logic, Senator Janklow isn't guilty of killing somone, the US gvmnt. is because drunk driving is illegal.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #96
ebass
Founding Member

JB,

Odd to hear you slagging off Thompson, as I've always thought of you as sort of the HST of our industry. While our MOronic stints just barely overlapped by a scant few months, I still mourn the lost opportunity of a Burns/Bass Brit mag-esque American anti-establishment online spitball of a moto-rag. MO coulda changed the moto-journalistic landscape forever! Instead, well......
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #97
f4ik9
Founding Member

I don't have any secret line on statistics. Request them for yourself and stop taking EVERYONE else's word for it. Read what I said. The FBI Uniform Crime Statistics for the years of prohibition show that virtually every category of crime showed a decrease during that time period.

Organized crime existed in the US long before prohibition, that was just the time period when the media began romanticizing that lifestyle. Organized crime began to make headlines due to it's tie-in with the recently illegal alcohol. Besides, what is your point? Alcohol has long since been legal and organized crime is still very much with us, just like before prohibition.

I did read the link. Drivel. Or is it drivle. Whichever.

Usurpation of our rights? Where is it we have the right to smoke dope? The decision on that rests with the states, no?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #98
f4ik9
Founding Member

Logged in, bro. Don't know what happened. If you guys say you didn't delete it, then I apologize.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #99
modre
Founding Member

jeeze i don unerstand what all the fuss over a drugged out sucide loser...i mean sucide after all is the epitome of loser..... get a life.... you guys r like droolin' over HS as if he was worth followin' er sumpin...let's set our standards a little higher shall we???

this oughta go over big
modre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #100
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

The truth is that the FBI didn't even exist until 1940. While organized crime existed prior to prohibition it grew exponentially during prohibition due to it's ability to supply a commodity that the public wanted, and made huge profits doing so. All of our rights a not delineated in the constitution. The Federal government has no authority to wage it's war on drugs, as it is supposedly constrained by the constitution from doing anything outside of the carefully enumerated powers granted to it. Alcohol was LEGALLY made unlawful by a legally ratified amendment to the constitution. If you havenÂ’t noticed that the courts have eroded our second and fourth amendment rights using the illegal war on drugs as justification you have been residing on another planet. Organized crime has continued to flourish due to the economic opportunities provided by short sighted government interference with the natural economic flow of supply and demand for those things that the government has no business meddling with in the first place. VWW