Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Monster Garage's Jesse James on ''60 Minutes Wednesday,'' Feb. 23 on CBS (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2678-monster-garages-jesse-james-60-minutes-wednesday-feb-23-cbs.html)

mwesterl 02-22-2005 05:32 AM

Re: Monster Garage's Jesse James on ''60 Minutes Wednesday,'' Feb. 23 on CBS

I wonder if they'll touch upon "JJ's" real name...

BMW4VWW 02-22-2005 05:37 AM

Something that we can finally agree upon. VWW

schizuki 02-22-2005 06:08 AM

Donald Trump is the biggest con artist next to Dean Kamen (I believe that's the name of the inventor of the Segway.)

I'd be willing to bet $1000 that his net worth is a negative integer.

schizuki 02-22-2005 06:13 AM

I loved the fawning, c**ksucking story on him that was done in Cycle World years back, before he hit big. Jesse mentioned not wanting to build bikes for rich a$$holes. So what was he charging? Something like $60,000 at the time, IIRC.

Yeah, keepin' it real.

kowalke67 02-22-2005 01:26 PM

I find it odd that in my family I am the only one who rides motorcycles and also the only one who has never seen one of these chopper shows on the tele.

Whenever my motorcycle habit comes up in conversation with people who don't ride motorcycles many times one of the first things they ask me (sometimes before or after they tell me about the friend of a friend who lost a leg/arm/head/etc. on a motorcycle) is, "Have you ever seen that chopper show on cable?" No, I haven't.

Whenever I talk to people who ride motorcycles about riding motorcycles we never talk about these chopper show.

Hmmm...starting to see an association here...

Jonniedee 02-23-2005 02:14 AM

At lease he won't be between Phukin' NASCRAP shows...

ccd3 02-23-2005 03:55 AM

I'll bite- what is his real name?

mwesterl 02-23-2005 04:35 AM

I couldn't tell ya! I know it's not Jesse James though - the name thing is something else he's playing out.

cptaebphd 02-24-2005 12:58 AM

I saw the show last night:

Did he really say that HD riders were "dorks"?

He seemed to equate "coolness" with one's ability to buy one of the 20 bikes he cranks out a year. At least he well understands the superficiality of his RUB audience.

One of his bikes at 140 mph??? That's one bike test I want no part of.

Much like a Moonie, he's selling a way of life for the confused. Listen to the prophet JJ. Sell all your worldly possessions. Buy the Cool. Be the Cool....

pushrod 02-24-2005 05:02 AM

Jesse James 60 Minutes Interview

Regarding the clueless interviewer, I wonder how many times they had to reel JJ in.

"What's the difference between your bikes and Harley-Davidsons?" Sheesh.

Having been interviewed a couple of times myself by reporters (who were making an honest effort to get the story right), I know how easily they can completely screw up your comments, be they in print or on tape.