Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Monster Garage's Jesse James on ''60 Minutes Wednesday,'' Feb. 23 on CBS (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2678-monster-garages-jesse-james-60-minutes-wednesday-feb-23-cbs.html)

DragonF6 02-20-2005 11:46 AM

Re: Monster Garage's Jesse James on ''60 Minutes Wednesday,'' Feb. 23 on CBS

Maybe spoiled wasn't the right word...how about, he believes the image that has been created for him. Kinda like those wanna-be gangster rappers, who end up getting shot by real gang members.

Holy_Kaw 02-20-2005 03:42 PM

Sorry, already got that sock drawer rearrangement thing on the schedule. From what I've seen he seems like a poseur contemporary "Rebel without a clue".

KillerKowalski 02-20-2005 11:25 PM

I was working security at a beer taste/jazz concert last year, and Jesse was there. I didn't talk to him, but some of the other guards said he was kindova jerkweed.

naco_traficante 02-21-2005 03:10 AM

He's on 60 Minutes and we're not

He might be a self-absorbed wrench-monkey but he is a brand name and has a national show. What made this guy different from all the other builders who never make it big ? Hopefully THAT is the angle 60 Minutes is going to explore, not just his latest tattoo.

johnnyb 02-21-2005 06:25 AM

Maybe they will uncover that the JJ on TV is sort of a fictional caricaturized cartoon of the actual JJ, who is, or at one time was, a pretty normal, actually nicer guy than most, who's really talented at building stuff. Not his fault all the media attention has probably caused a few changes in the way he now has to interface the rest of the world, is it?

Tigercub 02-21-2005 06:44 AM

If my profession or hobby was remodeling I'd do lots of it around our house. But, everytime I try to repair or rebuild something I run into cheap materials thrown together by someone who couldn't care less about their work. I found that one should only buy the absolute best quality fixtures etc. There is so much cheap junk out there it isn't worth the effort or money to haul it home. The part of the job that I can do the best ends up being the cheapest part anyway. And never, ever dig your own ditch for sprinklers, spas or whatever. That is the hardest work to do and usually costs only a few dollars by someone who does it for a living - God bless them.

Tigercub 02-21-2005 06:52 AM

I agree MO - "a must see". Having rebuilt motorcycles, ground up and fabricated parts from "weldable steel" using MAPP gas from OSH, drilling holes with a hand drill when I should've just bought a drill press - like years ago. I can appreciate the skill and effort Jesse James puts into his business. He is a very talented guy and worked hard to be the successful, independent a$$hole he has made himself out to be. What else can I say - here I am writing to an on-line magazine from my boring job imagining what a real life might be like!

nokneedragin 02-21-2005 10:58 AM

Talk about "must miss TV"

I can't even make it through a whole episode of monster (waste of time) garage. No knock on the guys talents, the whole image over substance thing just drives me nuts.

BMW4VWW 02-21-2005 11:41 AM

Re: Talk about

I'm with you on the Monster Garage thing noknee. I love tinkering, and even enjoy watching other's making something better, but I just don't get why anyone would enjoy watching a group of otherwise talented men making a weed whacker out of a Sikorsky sky crane. VWW

pushrod 02-21-2005 12:08 PM

Re: Talk about

They lost me when they destroyed that '72 El Camino.

Of all the cars they could've done that to, and saved from the crusher, if only temporarily.