Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 02-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #71
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Is it me, or does this thing look hinky?

I seem to remember that poor metallurgy used to be common with almost all raw and processed metals from the Oriental rim. I can still remember the first lathe we bought from China back in the '70s - what a piece of junk. No one forced to use that sorry piece of crap would have ever suspected that Cincinnati Milacron or Bridgeport would suffer any competition from the east.

And raw materials were worse. I'm with you on that because I clearly recall, back in the day, trying to weld up some tubing from Korea for a frame and it was a total catastrophe - worst metal stock I ever saw.

But no more. First the Japanese, then the Chinese and now apparently the Koreans are getting their act together. We'll have to wait and see for a final verdict but I suspect that the quality on these things will be up to par. If not right away pretty soon.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #72
nweaver
Founding Member

a: It's a cruiser: Flexi-Frame is traditional.

b: It might very well have the engine as a stressed member (90* V-twin, remember?), in which case you have the structural rigidity of the engine holding it together.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:15 AM   #73
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Hyosung -- The Next Big Brand?

"Time to apply for Canadian citizenship. "

Yeah, right.

If all of you a-hole Canada fetishists who said that actually did it, the population of Canada would double. Instead, a far larger percentage of Canada's population moves here every year than vice-versa.

Why don't you go? Canada is a lefty's paradise. It's right there. GO.

Or just continue to act like the stunted adolescents you are. "This house SUCKS! My parents SUCK! I so can't wait to move out! Hey, Mom, when's dinner?"

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:19 AM   #74
pdad13
Founding Member

Could very well be a stressed member design. But also, what I think people are missing is that the frame has a twin perimeter tube/spar layout (like a V-Rod) on top with a double cradle at the bottom. I would say that it could be a more sound design than most cruisers with single backbone cradle frames.

This is of course assuming that all of the frame components are functional and not just for show.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #75
schizuki
Founding Member

"maybe she gives W head of [sic] something. "

You're a repulsive human being.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:22 AM   #76
schizuki
Founding Member

"Is she the Prozac poster lady or is it just me?"

You're the expert.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:24 AM   #77
pdad13
Founding Member

Lets also remember that Hyosung was making engines for Suzukis for years. I don't think they could have done it with poor metallurgy.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:26 AM   #78
schizuki
Founding Member

"Hey where are all the W supporters? Is there a cato institute meaning this week or what?"

The Cato Institute is a libertarian think tank. You'd probably find fewer W supporters there than in the general population.

This might perhaps help explain why you're not getting replies except from a very bored me. You and kpaul are so pig-ignorant and incapable of coherent thought that any debate is like repeatdly kicking away a chihuahua that keeps biting at your ankle.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:31 AM   #79
schizuki
Founding Member

"Think they realized their man is fraud..finally or they are waiting for something good to happen in Iraq."

Yeah, nothing good happening there. Nope.

You're so sad. If ten years from now Iraq is a prosperous democracy, you'll still be sitting at your computer pounding your pud while fantasizing about a bloody civil war that would make Bush look bad.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:47 AM   #80
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I hear ya man, when I was stationed in Oceana and the boat was in Norfolk, I'd ride my 1971 CB100 at full tilt on the expressway all the way. When it would start to seize, I'd hit the choke, to cool it down some, and it'd keep right on going.

I also would park it in my room on base. Use to pi$$ off the 1st Looey bozos when they'd inspect the room. "Room inspection failed, motorcycle in room". Haw.

Yeah, the 125 looks real cool, suppose to do over 85 mph.