Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-31-2005, 04:45 AM   #11
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Common Mistakes Motorcycle Buyers Make When Looking For A Motorcycle Loan

The optimists placing ads for their bikes in Cycle Trader don't seem to agree with your depriciation table (I do). Then they think you're insulting them if you come back with a realistic price for a 2 year old literbike with 5,000 miles on it. It's ludicrous to pay someone $8000 for this when new bikes in the fall are selling for less than $9000, sometimes closer to $8000.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2005, 05:07 AM   #12
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: Common Mistakes Motorcycle Buyers Make When Looking For A Motorcycle Loan

I've always figured that when you buy a sportbike, you're not going to get any financial value out of it on the back end. They are too fragile, maintenance intensive etc. to be worth much used.

I still have my '00 F4 and actually ride it a lot, even though I don't need two bikes - because it's insane to turn around and sell it for the $2K or so it's probabl worth.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:21 AM   #13
anrajala
Founding Member

I would say you have learned the lesson. Let some other hapless loser to eat the initial loss.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote