Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-11-2005, 05:00 AM   #91
bboule
Founding Member

Default Re: Fischer MRX 650: Would you buy one?

My guess is this thing will end up weighing the same or more than the 900cc Buell and will make about the same horsepower but less torque.

Given that everyone seems to say the Buell handles really well I would expect the Buell to be the faster bike, at least until this thing is well sorted.

(Maybe you mean in a straight line?)
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2005, 05:07 AM   #92
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Izz problem whiff MuZ, I think?

Okay, I might have my wires crossed here, ButRightOffTheTopOFMyHead, isn't there something about Mu being Chinese, or something? I know Mu uses a 500cc Yamaha thumper for thier smaller bikes. But, I thought, I remembered something about Mu being bought by a Chinese Co. Anyway, a thumper might be a cool Idea. Come to think of it - didn't Honda have a 1000cc thumper, several years ago? Now, that might be interesting, if Fischer could pry the castings out of Honda's greedy-little-hands, that is.

BTW, I just remembered something. The Britten probably wouldn't have worked. The Britten engine was built to be a stressed-member of the frame; it's fairly massive, so it would likely be too heavy for the Fischer (like it would'a hapened, anyway).

And, after doing some reading, I learned that Fischer did want to use a Rotax. But, the Austrians wanted to much control over Sum'thin'eruther (surprise) and it didn't work out.

Ahh, what the Hell! It's not like any of this matters. But, it is sorta fun, sitting around jerking-off about it.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:30 AM   #93
pikehk
Founding Member

Default Re: Got ME?

You think getting passed by an SV is bad you should see the looks on those poor guys faces when I pass them on my Guzzi California with the bags on it. I also here that the best rider at Deals Gap rides a Honda Goldwing. He takes pictures and videos as he destroys people in the turns.
pikehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:06 AM   #94
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default You Bastard Killed Kenny!

To be honest, I really don't think "Kenny" ever really had it in his head to build the Norton for the general motocycyle public. So, a price reduction probably doesn't fit into the Norton-Equation.

As for Buell, considering the incredible hassles it probably took for him to get where he is, why rock the boat?

All kidding aside (and I've done more than my share) Fischer's got BALLS! If it weren't for the fact that my idea of a sport bike is something I'm probably going to wad-up, I'd probably consider MR X. Other than the engine (which isn't all that bad, really) Fischer's done a Hellava job. As pdad said (at the end of his piece) it would be cool if Sean could latch his hands on an MRX for a test...and, maybe even do a Comparo against the SS Ducatis. After all, but for the price - and the engine's geo-political origin - the MRX would be a Boutique Bike (if it came from Europe).
Old 01-11-2005, 06:43 AM   #95
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Izz problem whiff MuZ, I think?

Yeah, and while doing this you don't have to study medieval Russia, heh heh.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:11 AM   #96
fireworks
Founding Member

Default Re: Nope.

You don't actually think that most American products are made in the US, do you? They might be assembled in the US but I seriously doubt the origins.

Besides, how do you expect to sell anything low volume at a low price, without keeping costs down? He doesn't have any choice. I noticed you didn't seem to care that the suspension wasn't American made.

It seems better to support the guy because he is American. I don't think he'd mind switching the engine if the sales were good. Take a look at the first Buell's, would you want to take credit for them being made in America?

It seems the complaints have more to do with the suspect quality then where the engine is made.
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #97
anrajala
Founding Member

But why didn´t they take the Bullet engine from India? Even cheaper, and at least 50% of the bozos going for this sort of thing would think its from Indiana.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #98
fireworks
Founding Member

Triumph needs to hire that designer. First thing that came to mind when I saw that bike was, 'Damn, that reminds me of the Daytona's', and 'That's what the Daytona needs to look like'.

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #99
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Not lame at all on both counts.

Well whatever bad sides they had (and God knows they had some severe ones) they were unfortunately not incompetent.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #100
Outlander
Founding Member

No, but thanks for asking!
Outlander is offline   Reply With Quote