Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-14-2004, 03:13 AM   #31
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Default There are those of us who have been down....

And then there are those of us who are going down.

It's that simple. Ride long enough and the odds will catch up to you.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2004, 03:17 AM   #32
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Upon seeing the glazed looks of the Soon-to-be-Dead

Whenever newbies ask me about bikes they should consider I always try to change the subject by asking what they know about counter-steering, target-fixation, brain-lock and any number of other things that might get them killed. Sometimes that brings them back from Liter-Bike-Land, but mostly they just stare at me with glazed expressions.

At that point, I recommend EX500s, SV650s or (if they're into curisers) 600 Vstars; then I walk away uttering silent prayers, for them, and thanking God that I'm not a paramedic.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:24 AM   #33
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Hodakas Ruled...

Make that 3 for Hodaka. Wish they hadn't gone T!ts-up. Love to see what they'd have now.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:28 AM   #34
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities.

What drinks go best with motorcycling in Korea?
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:57 AM   #35
jkofsky
Founding Member

Wow - do I really get to be the first to point out that it's completely and totally meaningless to state that only 1 out of 29 fatalities had taken the MSF course without knowing what percentage of the State's total riders took it?

After all, if 3% of the fatalities were MSF graduates, but 1.5% of the riders are, then you could say that MSF doubles your chances of dying.

Inumeracy - the other national pastime
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:08 AM   #36
pdad13
Founding Member

If you're gonna ride, for God's sake take it seriously. MSF is a good option. In absense of that, absorb yourself in as much information about good riding techniques as possible. I'm still in that process. In fact, I will be forever.

Then, as Sarnali said, get your head screwed on straight, wear some good gear, and get out there and ride.

After a long absense from riding, I'm pretty sure I become a much more capable rider than some people I know who've been riding for years. They just putter around the same roads for a day or two a week. I ride--and more importantly, practice--as often as possible.

Although, I'll probably never be as good as KBucket.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:29 AM   #37
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Hey you get some seriouz skillz piloting your ZX6 150 miles every other weekend. Sometimes he takes a whole day and does 75 miles! Phew!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 04:29 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Nobody is ever as good as he is......at anything. He's the smartest, most skilled, has the most money, and best yet, has the highest MSF score of anyone here. You should be honored just to say you knew him.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:30 AM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

They go with the Singapore Sling out there. 6 of those and the tires don't even touch the ground.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:37 AM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Tsk tsk.

Dang it sarnali. What's the world coming to? I don't know where you come up with the idea that motorcycling is a way of life and that a MOron should enjoy riding any bike, any where, any time. Jeeeez. You're supposed to join one of the cults, sportbike poser, Harley poser... you know. And then you're supposed to denigrate anyone who rides a different style bike than you. And then you are supposed to "objectively prove" that your choice of ride is "superior". That's how you validate your pathetic life these days. Didn't you know that?

Get with the program!

You're just a duma$$ boilerman without a college degree. Better see the light and achieve the required revelation! Then you will become a true motorcyclist... this apparently means you stop m/c commuting, own only one bike and only ride it on weekends. The bulk of your time should be spent on MO callling everyone dummies and telling them how to live, ride, vote, think, etc etc etc.