Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #172
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: Almost there

Well Neil, you got a 'dork' outta him, it's a start. A little more and you might actually get the yokel to respond with a flurry of posts getting you in the door to the GPTB.

Good luck and Keep up the good work!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:22 PM   #173
Scaglietti
Founding Member

Default Re: Is the 2005 GSX-R600 a good beginner's bike?

I think most sane experienced riders around would say the answer is definitely no to both questions...

especially the Gixxer 1k.

Think of it this way, the Gixxer 600 has more HP than some street liter bikes, like the SV1000s which i ride.
Scaglietti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:29 AM   #174
Kfoz
Registered Member

Default Re: There are those of us who have been down....

Do the words "self fulfilling prophecy" mean anything to you. If you believe that you are destined to crash then you will. Believe it or not there are people who have ridden their whole lives and not had a significant get off.
Kfoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:32 AM   #175
Neal
Founding Member

Actually,his above post is a good example of how KPAUL parrotts words without thinking. He went to the Webster's New World (or similiar)Dictionary and picked a definition of Contrarian which applies to investors and is not applicable to thos discussion. I,as an example of someone who likews to analyse and think(though not usually well) ,realised this was not applicable so went to my Websters unabridged ans found a definition for the adjective contrariant which was basically negative and included "inconsistent" and made the jump that someone who was contrariant was a contrarian. Maybe not correct,but certainly more applicable than KPAUL's definition. So KPAUL is now in the position of either admitting he used the word wrong(using his definition) or accepting my reasoning and admitting that by calling himself a contrarian he was validating our opinions of him. OR, he could call me a Dork and a Dummy.......surprised by his choice?

Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:34 AM   #176
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities.

When I lived in Venezuela the drink of choice for serious bikers was cuba libre "mucha cuba, poco libre" (=stiff). Once I lost it when doing a burn out and hit one taxi twice. My comatose friend, who was in the taxi at the time, woke up and thought for some obscure reason it was a robbery and started to yell police.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:57 AM   #177
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

You got it.

Welcome aboard Neal. You first duty is to buy us all beer and wash our scoots.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:49 AM   #178
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities.

But were you wearing your helmet?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #179
Neal
Founding Member

If we ever meet I'll buy first round. Other than that your out of luck. I never prospected back in the day cause Im basically a one way SOB and see no reason to change.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #180
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Not surprised at all. Been reading over the old posts in the Harley and Buell sections since I joined, and this is definitely consistent with what I've some to expect for his arguments. I was just piggybacking off of Buzz's comments of how to become an official memeber of the GTPB.

For his next trick he'll claim the he's still correct, quote somebody irrelevant, claim 600s are the best bike, tell you how stupid you are for not agreeing with him and using Webster's instead of Bluestater's Unabridged Dictionary for Dummies, then give you some off the wall name.

Did I get the about right? I apparently have too much time on my hands.