Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Misc News (
-   -   Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities. (

Neal 12-15-2004 02:03 PM

Re: Do we have a second?
Well i aint dyin it grey,but my wife tell s me it's starting to take care of itself so i guess Im just a provisional member for awhile

Neal 12-15-2004 02:05 PM

Re: AK Trip
He called me an idiot once.....does that count?

Neal 12-15-2004 02:14 PM

Re: Harley Hair-Extensions
HA!!!! My first Hd was an XLCH in 68.Scared myself sh**less and couldnt make payments so sold it and bought a decrepit 59 pan chop project. By the time I was finished building it into an ill handling,undependable pos chopper i had well less thsn 1000 bucks in it. I always figger the time spent off the road working on the bike kept me alive cause if I had spent that time riding instead of wrenching odds are Ida killed myself.

eekadog 12-15-2004 02:15 PM

Re: Is the 2005 GSX-R600 a good beginner's bike?
naco - Well i thought that the : 0, idiotic troll rating was just about right for the original post. my apologies if i wasted your time. Anyway, I guess you have a higher quality BS meter than the others.

Neal 12-15-2004 02:23 PM

Re: Alice, to Kpaul...
sounds like my 23 year old son.....except my son has had 2 street bikes......and oh yeah,he's an experienced and proficient MX'er......and ,well, he knows how to wrench on his own bike and he's been 150 + on the track.........Geez,I guess even my punk kid ranks well ahead of KPAUL in the pantheon of mptorcycling. Matter of fact I dont know many bike riders who don't.

Neal 12-15-2004 02:40 PM

Re: Alice, to Kpaul...
Actuall y my unabridged defines "contrarian" as some one who always has opposing views and is inconsistent..........pretty accurate if you ask me. Many grumpy people are considered to be cotrariant. I for one am happy to oblige KPAUL and consider him MO's official Contrarian.

SuperSquid 12-15-2004 03:38 PM

Hutchinator 12-15-2004 04:11 PM

Re: AK Trip
And this whole time I've been biting my tongue, my bad. (It was always fun to watch anyways.)

Next time he his idiocy irritates me, I'll just have to speak up. (Make that a note to self...)

Thanks for the clarification.

longride 12-15-2004 04:25 PM

Re: Harley Hair-Extensions
I'd say you're in the GPTB for life. Now just tear into KPyle a fw more times, and you could be up for an officers position.

dogcatfud 12-15-2004 05:22 PM

Re: Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities.
I consider myself fortunate to live in a state that makes it so convenient to learn motorcycle riding. There are two unique things about Pennsylvania's motorcycle safety program.

There is no fee charged to take the BRC or ERC. The program is funded by a nominal surcharge of $5 each time a permit is issued or an endorsement is renewed.

Upon passing the BRC test, the Rider Coach is authorized by the state to grant the M endorsement on the spot. He/she signs and stamps your permit card, which will serve as temporary proof of the endorsement until the state mails you a license update card. There's no need to take the completion card to the DMV and do more paperwork.

The program's website states that 199,000 people have taken courses since its inception in 1985. I completed the BRC in August 2003 and have used the emergency swerving and braking techniques countless times.