Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-15-2004, 12:12 PM   #151
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities.

Thanks for shaving your wife.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2004, 12:40 PM   #153
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Hair-Extensions

Longride, I owned an old shovelhead too. There was a reason nobody wanted one back then you know. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #154
vanion2
Founding Member

Default Re: Untrained Riders account for overwhelming majority of fatalities.

I took the MSF course this past August and started out on my first bike (1986 Kawasaki Ninja 600R). I cannot stress enough the advantages and confidence I had after completing the class. Here in New Mexico taking the course replaces having to take the State exam for your endorsement as well.

I drive all year, under all weather conditions, starting with a 30 minute canyon carving run to warm things up and ending up in down town traffic to finish. The skills and techniques I learned in the MSF course have easily made my life more safe and definitely more fun. I would recommend the course to ANYONE driving 2 wheels. If you feel like the basic course is a waste of your time take the advanced rider's course. You bring your own bike to the course and they show you advanced techniques for you own machine. You can do a search online for the MSF site and get the details from there but again I cannot tell you how much simpler my learning experience was due to the MSF trainers' experience and guidance.

The article basically highlights the fact that too many people are interested in enjoying the ride without remembering that you have to live through it before you can brag about it. What's more is how many of the riders out there even have thier endorsements? I know for a fact that there is a large number of squids running around trying to wrap themselves in a pretty bow tie around anything solid and the words "license and insurance" puts them into a deer-in-the-headlights trance of incomprehension.

You have to pay to play.
vanion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:48 PM   #155
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Yeah but I'm a warm RUB!

Smart ass! Plus you have a heated vest for those really cold 60 degree days! It was 18 this morning with a 5 below wind chill. Nothing I can't handle! LOL
Old 12-15-2004, 02:51 PM   #156
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: Why longride is what he is...

Well it is interesting to point out that KPail exclaimed, "Finally a post that proves longride is an idiot."

EVERY KPail post proves he's an idiot!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #157
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Why longride is what he is...

I also wear one most of the time here. Since I NEVER said I don't wear a helmet, nor did I ever say I was not safer with one, I have no idea where he got his "quotes" from. I don't like helmet laws. I made that clear. I also like to ride without from time to time. I'm thankful for that right. I wish everyone had it.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #158
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

75 tomorrow. I'm taking my kid to Disneyland.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #159
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm gonna fly there with ice chest in tow, and hit you with a snowball when I get there. Actually, I don't mind the winter. Chiristmas with 75 degree temps wouldn't be the same. Of course, ask me how I feel around the end of February.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #160
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Do we have a second?

Well i aint dyin it grey,but my wife tell s me it's starting to take care of itself so i guess Im just a provisional member for awhile
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote