Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #81
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Unobtainium European?

Oh, you had to go mention the four month riding season thing, didn't ya? (Well, I get closer to a whole 7 months, but that's still not enough.)

Why, I oughta...
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2004, 12:46 PM   #82
francesco
Founding Member

I think this bike is awesome. Just imagine a person who loves big V-twins but is looking for something that handles better than a cruiser. What could be better? And if you're wanting more horsepower you know kits will be available. Heck, if this is a Road Warrior motor the kits already here!
francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:50 PM   #83
pdad13
Founding Member

Yeah, I saw that they're having some part problems from their vendors. Apparently they took delivery of some not-quite-up-to-snuff engine internals. At this point, no one really knows when the bike will be available.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #84
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley should have built the Vrod

who knows...bush has announced that he will focus on reducing air pollution...well that and helping obgyns to practice their love.
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:05 PM   #85
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Believe me, if for some unlikely reason Sean ever was behind me, my eyes would be so glued to the review mirrors that I probably would run off a cliff. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #86
sarnali
Founding Member

I'd love to ride down to Daytona. If I took the Southern route I'd be able to avoid most of the weather. Getting the 3 or 4 weeks off work would be the hard part, I figure 4 or 5 days to get there, a week to hang out and another week to get back home

I'm not much of a marathon rider, more every day going to work and the store running around. From here to Fla. and back in the winter would be a hell of a trot. Probably be a lot of fun
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #87
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The ride down I always liked....except for the first day out and the last day back. Many of those days I suffered from cold, rain and snow. Once down in Daytona, the riding isn't all that exciting, but hanging out on Main Street, the BootHill Saloon and the general atmosphere is fun. Also going out to the track to test ride all the new bikes is cool. It's the start of the new season for me, but like Buz said, the roads are flat and boring and the old people will drive ya nuts.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #89
jungkvist
Founding Member

I'm not condemning the MT-01; I just don't know what it is or what the hell I'd use it for, other than a lawn ornament.

While putting 100hp to the ground might seem absurd to you, I can't imagine what anyone would do with a two-wheeled Hum-V.

Far as the Buell goes, it seems from most of the postings I've read, just about everyone would like to own one, if it weren't for the engine.

In most cases I'd agree with you about big hp. on the street. But, since rear tires tend to get a mite twitchy at high engine-revs, I'd rather corner in a higher gear, and save myself the trouble of carrying extra underwear.

Old 12-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #90
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: I seem to have gone mad....

I'd buy a new Norton, if it had a V-twin, a better suspension, and if it was priced at something other than rediculous.