Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-07-2004, 04:37 AM   #51
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Funding

I figure, being a start-up and probably needing a seasoned rider, they'll be closer to 8 million. Which, really, is not that much compared to most top level auto racing. One big sponsor and they could be in business.

I was somewhat involved in racing sponsorship programs years ago, including Indy Car (the first year of the split, '96), and just to run a decent one car team then, with one year-old equipment, was around that much (6 million).
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #52
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: KR is using KTM engine now.

Actually, I liked Nostrilitis. It has a certain unquantifiable, goofy charm. Maybe it's because I envision KBucket with two fingers up his nose all the time. Perhaps he reads his boogers to make his predicitions.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:58 AM   #53
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: American-made MotoGP Contender?

Mine had a little more than 100k on it when it was stolen. A friend of mine had 160k on his. The seals on the rotors were typically good for at least 150k if you changed the oil frequently.

Go test a new one just for kicks. It's the closest thing to a motorcycle that a cage can be. I was close to leasing one but I got ragtop fever and passed on it.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:03 AM   #54
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Personally, I'm waiting for his "best sex with women he's never met" list. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:10 AM   #55
tomk2
Founding Member

I remember that car... two 16 hp JLO snowmobile engines powering the fans and Lexan skirts linked to the suspension

the noise was unreal, the roar of the 494 Chevy and the shriek of the two-cycle single cylinder JLOs

(yes, at the time the JLO was a hot-ass little engine... and Lexan was the new miracle plastic)

modern race cars in a number of classes have ground effects too, they just don' t need the moving parts to make it work
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:40 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

A friend of mine had an RX station wagon that befgan using copious amounts of oil at around 60K. It was common to see those Mazdas leaving a smoke trail.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:02 AM   #57
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

The 70s Rotaries were bad news. New materials on the seals made them much more durable. I'll own another someday. Reportedly, Mazda is coming out with a new RX-7 with 300 hp.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:11 AM   #58
Haird
Founding Member

There is a lot of interesting new design work in this bike. Plus, it looks really cool. I guess the question is whether it gives an advantage over the more conventional stuff. I hope this bike makes it onto the grid at Laguna. If it can even stay in the race it would be a great accomplishment.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:15 AM   #59
wrecks
Founding Member

There is 1 modern car I can think of with fan-assisted aerodynamics and that's the 240 MPH McLaren F1. Greatest road car ever made.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:23 AM   #60
dsull71
Founding Member

I met that guy out at the Freddie Spencer school in Vegas last year and he showed everyone the dvd teaser for his bike. He was an out going guy bordering on being a concieted prick. I was surprised he wasn't a faster rider too. But anyway, I've got to give it to him for his effort. Supposedly the engine makes almost no vibration. His name isn't pronounced chez. It's pronounced "seez" like "he says". He made it a point to point that out at the school......dude
dsull71 is offline   Reply With Quote