Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-08-2004, 06:28 AM   #91
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Funding

So, for one bike, that sounds about right. Figure a little extra for development for a first year program and some unexpected bumps, and you've got about 8 million.

Hey, WCM runs only one bike, right?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2004, 07:44 AM   #92
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: We'll have to have a vote

How about kprick
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #93
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: CL175?

Well, what could sound more evil than any one of mscuddy's collection of ratty old Hondas?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #94
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: CL175 e tu

..when the valves get loose, NOTHING.

Or when the pushrods bend on the 55 Super Sport...
Old 12-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #96
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: American-made MotoGP Contender?

The Chaparral was awesome; they shouldn't have outlawed its variable aerodynamics features. That would have been an interesting development path to see followed through to its logical conclusion.

I never saw Can Am live, because I wasn't born when it ended - but, to my thinking, it's the coolest racing series imaginable. IMSA GTP / Group C etc. were all pale shadows in comparison.

The only thing close (maybe) might have been F1 in its earlier incarnations, through about say the end of the (literally) rocket fuel / turbo era in '89 / '90, which was about the time when the cars got easier to drive and it turned into a fairly cool parade, but a parade nonetheless.

The problem with auto-racing today is that the safety-crats somehow got control, and the concept of unlimited has been thrown out the window in favor of garbage concepts like competitive balance and driver safety, as though driving a 1,500 pound car at 220 miles per hour can be considered safe.

I would be far more delighted to sit in the dangerous 917/30 (or a McLaren MP 4/4 with the flames firing out the exhaust when off-throttle) and crank up the boost than whatever the current Ferrari F1 entrant might be - partially because the 30 year-old CanAm car is somewhat faster, and partially because there's that little bit of doubt that you have (as when you ride a bike) that if things go wrong, they're really going to go disasterously wrong in an awful hurry, and that all makes it infinitely more awesome.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #97
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Making money the 'muerican way

Dude I'm on your side. Do you give lessons?

I would like to have your bike collection in my shop. And if I can claim my ill-gotten gains by fleecing glue-sniffing posers then that is a bonus.

As Earl Pitts would say: Pitts off, 'muerica

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #99
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: American-made MotoGP Contender?

fish and chips
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote