Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-06-2004, 01:20 PM   #31
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Buz! I was wonderin...

Never heard of it but if something that weighs 300lbs with 120 hp exists I'll be first in line!

I guess I'm a "V Twin guy" but I've got an inline 4 in the garage too.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2004, 02:36 PM   #32
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Newspaper suggests taxing motorcycles off the road

LSD Is Probably One Of the Safest, and Useful, Drugs Ever TestedÂ…

I realize that my headline is pretty provocative but, if you bear with me, IÂ’ll show how it is true, and relevant to the Post.

During the 50s and 60s LSD was used to accelerate the psychoanalytical process. Scores of prominent psychiatrists found that LSD's ability to break down patientÂ’s unconscious resistance to examining buried traumatic events, and thus accelerate curing the patient, was phenomenal. WeÂ’re not talking about treating symptoms, like Prozac, but actually curing patients. LSD also has the highest LD-50 (highest amount needed to kill 50% of laboratory-test-animals) of any psychoactive drug. While it takes 30 doses of alcohol, by weight, to kill 50% of the subjects, humans have ingested over 250,000 doses of LSD and recovered without any noticeable side effects. Anyone who died from LSD, died because of a"Bad TripÂ’ or stupidity. Ironically, psychiatrists generally believed that the only "Good Trip" was a "Bad Trip" because that was when the subject was confronting the true reality of who they are, and that is scary as Hell.

If it werenÂ’t for the irresponsible actions of people like Timothy Leary, LSD probably would have revolutionized the science of the brain, and how we perceive and understand consciousness today. In other words, treating the most powerful drug ever created, as if it were a toy, destroyed all Clinical Research on LSD.

As it was with LSD, so will it be with motorcyclesÂ…Idiots are going to screw everything up. There are many things that are more dangerous than motorcycles but, due to the high visibility of stupid, and irresponsible, riders, one of the greatest recreational activities of all time is going to suffer, and possibly become outlawed.

In other words, treating the most powerful vehicles ever created, like toys, will destroy our sport.

None of this means that the guy who wrote the column isn't an idiot; it just means that we ain't doing ourselves any favors, when we act like retards.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:08 PM   #35
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Buz. Social engineering through taxation has become one of the mainstays of governmental control for many years now. Taxation was how our government removed marijuana from society in 1937, through the illegal use of the commerce clause and the then prohibative tax of 300 dollars an ounce. Ditto for machine guns and the userpation of our second amendment right. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #36
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Gosh what I'd give to be legally stoned with a machine gun in my hands right now.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Old 12-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #37
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

What I wouldn't give for some legal LSD and a machine gun right now.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:12 PM   #39
OB1_1
Founding Member

Picture this, itÂ’s 11.00am on a spring day in Sydney. The temperature is already 35 degrees Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) and the Economics correspondentÂ’s Korean staff car is sitting stationary in traffic under the blazing sun. He has been virtually immobile for fifteen minutes and his irritability factor is in the "red zone". A motorcycle courier weaves his way between the static lanes of traffic and is followed by a young well dressed girl on a scooter who joins him in waiting for the lights to change. The lights turn green and and they move off to their appointed destinations. Our correspondent moves a futher 3 cars further up the lane before halting once more. This scenario repeats itself several more times and as he sits in his own sweat a rage is slowly building against those motorcyclists who contemptuously are ignoring his plight and taking his rightful place in the traffic lanes. By 12.15 pm, when he finally reaches the impoverished offices of the Australian Financial Review the temperature has risen to 39 Celsius (102 Fahrenheit), but is is nothing compared to his fury. Sitting before his terminal he commences to compose a tirade of vindictive vengeance against his perceived persecutors. Under the guise of saving the community from the "horrendous costs" associated with motorcycle accidents he proposes to rid the earth of these pernicious instruments of death and doubtless associated depravity. " Tax them out of existence and save them from themselves" he postulates. Unfortunately for him the very people he derides for their riding incompetencies and rising accidents statistics are the middle aged successful executive classes returning to or entering motorcylcling for the first time. These are the very people who form the basis of the AFRÂ’s readership and in subsequent edtions of the paper has been told by several correspondents just what a poorly researched and uneducated piece of writing he put his name to. The column was reported on several other local websites where it has been condemned in vernacular beyond the capabilities of this writer. One of your forefathers, Thomas Jefferson, said the " price of freedom is eternal vigilance." I donÂ’t think he had motorcycling in mind specifically, but the concept is valid. The small minded will always be with us
OB1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:14 PM   #40
jungkvist
Founding Member

Buzz, chances are, if you had some acid you wouldn't wanna kill Kpaul.

As, I have a feeling, you already know, LSD tends to make us see our reality as it truly is, rather than what our egos have created, out of fear. It is this Schism , between who we truly are, and, the beliefs that we accepted - without question - and the fantasies we create to keep keep our illusions afloat, that cause insanity, rage and violence.

What I'm tryin to say is...Ain't no way your gonna spoil a perfectly Good Trip, chasin Kpaul around, tryin to put holes in 'em. If ya wana do that, you're gonna wanna get drunk on Tequila.