Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-06-2004, 11:17 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Newspaper suggests taxing motorcycles off the road

The good thing about motorcycling was that it was under the radar for a number of years. Now that it's the "cool" thing to do for the most inept, we get to suffer through the pains of morons killing themselves in the headlines regularly. Hopefully, more people will give up the motorcycling fad, and go back to crashing cars and falling down at home. Maybe then this kind of crap will go away and the pols can go design maybe one more airbag to put in cars or something.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #24
jungkvist
Founding Member

IÂ’m put in mind of the day I followed a car that had no driver. When I got to a left-turn-lane I pulled up beside the car to look inside. I saw a little old lady who was so short that she was staring through the spokes of her steering wheel directly into the dashboard. Since she was driving less than half the speed limit, I figured she was driving by landmarks, or she had a GPS unit. From where her head was positioned, in relationship to her windshield, she couldnÂ’t have possibly seen anyone under 7 feet tall, standing right in front of her bumper.

WouldnÂ’t it be nice if the AMA had as much clout as the AARP? Hell, if that happened, weÂ’d be allowed to ride drunk and blindfolded.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:28 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm not doing so well today. I've only generated 3 for 2 from idiot boy.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #26
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

I think he's stalking me now. He missed me because I couldn't post for a week or so with the old handle.

Of course I was also participating in an upcoming MO Shootout and goofball doesn't have much to offer these days regarding motorcycles.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #27
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

I can't think of a better way to ride!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:00 PM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

True. You are losing your touch. Anyway, just put your full face hemet on and shut up. Wait a minute! You don't have to and neither do I! LOL I guess in Washington they are too stupid to choose, so the pols chose for em. Sarnali is not included in above generalization.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:01 PM   #30
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Hey Buz! I was wonderin...

Hey, since you're a V-twin guy, I was wondering if you'd heard anything about the Duss SuperMotard?

It's supposed to have 120hp, weigh approx. 300lbs and is powered by a 1050cc V-twin.

Sounds like it's right up your ally.