Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-04-2004, 10:16 AM   #41
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: So John McCain is a liberal then.

Unfortunately the vast majority of our country's electorate lack the requisite perspicacity to fathom the political actions of those that "serve" us. Thus the media tend to focus on the Jerry Springer aspects of their actions. Our forefathers contemplated allowing only land owners, i.e. educated people, the right to vote. While I don't agree that land ownership should be a prerequisite for voting, there should be some sort of minimum understanding of our constitutional form of government as well as the ramifications of the actions of our elected representatives. I am old enough to remember the "literacy tests" that some southern states wrongfully used to exclude all black people from voting, however such a test applied equally to all those wishing to vote might not be such a bad idea. I fear that we will forever be subjected to the rule of charlatans and idiots with our current system that seems to allow vast numbers of the ignorant, the mentally deficient, and uneducated illegal aliens access to the polling booth.VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #42
jungkvist
Founding Member

While I wouldn't like any particular group exlcuded from the electoral process, it would be nice if all citizens were required have as much understanding of the demcratic process as Naturalized Citizens are required to have.

However, I do think that anyone who watches Jerry Springer, for anything other than masochistic reasons, should be disqualified from everything, but playing with unstable explosives and running with scissors.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:01 PM   #43
Pacer
Founding Member

yea, I'd have to agree.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:20 PM   #44
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: Tax Payers Will Pay

I'd like to add something on a different note. I'll just hide it here. Exit polls in the past have been with in one percent of beingt accurate. This holds true in this election also.... well except for five key swing states where the results were off by five percent. Poll results were off five percent compared to the exit polls, I'll let you guess which way. Did you save your little voting receipt? Can a computer program be altered? Would anyone ever do such a thing? Could there be a problem here? Has the media been castrated. Why won't any major news source cover this. I know people who live out of the country. They said that in 2000 our media did not touch the meat and potatos of the election controversy that year. We are uninformed, and being manipulated.

No, I'm wrong. One human would never do that to another (government is made up of humans).

One last thing. Go ahead and flame me, I can take it. Just really contemplate what I have stated above before you fire up the torches. That is all I ask.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:26 PM   #45
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

jungkvist, you might enjoy this. http://www.lewrockwell.com/browne/browne11.html . VWW
Old 12-04-2004, 12:39 PM   #46
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Pacer, if you are intimating that the election was rigged you are right. However it occurred long before Nov. 2, or even this election cycle. The American public has by design been restricted to electing one of the two candidates anointed by the Rebublicrat duopoly. With the hindrances of placing candidates on state ballots nationwide, and the purposeful black out of third party candidates by big corporate media, the elections have been rigged forgone conclusions for many years. VWW
Old 12-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

The mainstream media has pretty much demonstrated that it cannot be trusted in political matters. I'd have to see the exact sampling methodolgy to determine whether the exit polling data was even slightly accurate.

Early exit polling was way off in the 2000 Election as well. Algore looked much further ahead in the early hours. You usually get a higher proportion of people who don't have jobs and govt employees for example.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Saw the Rocket today at I-90 motorsports

I saw a guy on a brand new S3 last weekend. Looks nice!

I saw that the new Tigers finally have tubeless tires. There's no reason why you shouldn't go out and buy one right now.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:36 PM   #49
jungkvist
Founding Member

I knew about the IRS privacy-deal, but the rest of it has mind-boggling implications.

Imagine that youÂ’re on a SenatorÂ’s staff. Now, you set up a likely sounding nonprofit organization that nobody in their right mind would withhold funding from; letÂ’s say The National Endowment for the Protection of Unloved, Unwanted, Unprotected Little Girls with Freckles. You put a $2,000,000 price tag on it, bury it in an emergency spending bill, and wait for the check to come. Since the board of directors happens to be your cat, dog and goldfish, you should have no problem getting them to OK dispersing the funds to you for whatever philanthropic use that you deem necessary. Kinda makes you wonder, donÂ’t it?.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #50
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Welcome to the way things get done in Washingtoon. Remember that this is just the tip of the iceberg. I believe that if everyone knew 5% of what goes on behind our backs, when congress is in session, there would probably be an open rebellion in short order. VWW