Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Tax Payers Will Pay

I'd come out there any time. I'm always up for a good road trip. Finding time off work might be a problem, but I may be able to sneak something in one day.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: So John McCain is a liberal then.

Heh heh. And the Democrats are of course sterling indiviuals who would never engage in such low brow personal attacks. ROTFLMAO! It's about all they ever engage in.

Democans.... Republicrats.... scrag 'em both.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:06 PM   #23
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Man, ya'll make me jealous. Wish I could just up and go ridin' like that. When I get back to AK, there'll be several inches of ice on the ground. Won't be safe to ride again until April.

After reading these post so much, some time off in hometown, CA is in order...
Old 12-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #24
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

It's really Buzz, we had to create a new account for him, because your mom keeps bugging him on his old username. -Sean
Old 12-04-2004, 03:43 AM   #25
jungkvist
Founding Member

Any more, it's all Public Self-Service. When they drew up the Constitution, I wish they would have foreseen all this and made accepting bribes treason, punishable by hanging.

I think we'd save a lot of money if we upped all the politicians salaries to rediculous amounts, made it treason to accept anything from lobbyists and punished the transgressors by shooting them from a cannon, into a pool full of hungry Piranha. But then I tend to be a bit theartrical.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:26 AM   #26
jungkvist
Founding Member

Not meaning to defend or attack either side in partictular, I think we'd all be better served if we cared less about our leaders personal lives and cared more about thier political actions.

Sins of vanity and the flesh don't mean squat to me. However, using the power of Office to to gain more power, personal prestege and unfathomable wealth should probably be looked upon with a bit more care.

Questions of personal life-style, as long as they donÂ’t hurt anyone else, would be better left to the conscience of the individual. After all, the Judeo-Christian distaste for homosexuality is rooted in a time when Hebrews needed to achieve a large enough population to compete with other tribes. It was more about reaching cultural-hegemony than anything else. Now, it would be much more practical to place a prohibition on stupid people breeding.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:35 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Hey! I've been saying that for years. Pay Reps 10 million bucks a year and Senators 20 million. They get executed if they take a single nickel from anyone else. Then sit back and enjoy the fun while the special interests go psychotic as their grubby taxpayer funded gravy trains disappear.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:11 AM   #28
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks for attending Sturgis GPTB and Baby Boomers

you're wasting your breath. And you can't really say you boycotted Sturgis when you didn't plan on going in the first place.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:16 AM   #29
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Unfortunately the vast majority of our country's electorate lack the requisite perspicacity to fathom the political actions of those that "serve" us. Thus the media tend to focus on the Jerry Springer aspects of their actions. Our forefathers contemplated allowing only land owners, i.e. educated people, the right to vote. While I don't agree that land ownership should be a prerequisite for voting, there should be some sort of minimum understanding of our constitutional form of government as well as the ramifications of the actions of our elected representatives. I am old enough to remember the "literacy tests" that some southern states wrongfully used to exclude all black people from voting, however such a test applied equally to all those wishing to vote might not be such a bad idea. I fear that we will forever be subjected to the rule of charlatans and idiots with our current system that seems to allow vast numbers of the ignorant, the mentally deficient, and uneducated illegal aliens access to the polling booth.VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #30
jungkvist
Founding Member

While I wouldn't like any particular group exlcuded from the electoral process, it would be nice if all citizens were required have as much understanding of the demcratic process as Naturalized Citizens are required to have.

However, I do think that anyone who watches Jerry Springer, for anything other than masochistic reasons, should be disqualified from everything, but playing with unstable explosives and running with scissors.