Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #1
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Performance Bikes editor killed

Sad news, but I'm surprised that with all of the survalance cameras the the Brits have on their roads they record some part of this incident. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2004, 01:39 PM   #2
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Make that didn't record. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
sarnali
Founding Member

That's too bad, Performance Bikes is a good magazine. I don't know if they have GATSO cameras on the motorways there or just out in the twisties. Hopefully they can pick out what happened and file charges if appropriate, none of which will bring Jamie Bartle.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
RonXX
Founding Member

Notice how the police are asking for anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the bike riding beforehand. Perhaps he was riding at an elevated speed at the time of the accident or maybe he wasn't, just because some slack-jawed cager saw him go past 5 minutes before doesn't mean *****. The cops are of course looking to blame the guy on the bike any way possible, instead of looking at the facts of what happened. What was going on beforehand (not immediately) means nothing.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:50 PM   #5
billhawley
Founding Member

Very sad news indeed. I suppose it does serve as a reminder of how dangerous motor vehicles are (regardless of their wheel count, or the operator skill levels involved). As Neal Peart once said: "We're only immortal for a limited time".

Too bad the general public will -- as usual -- only grasp the fact that someone was killed "on one of those things" again -- never mind that a cager was involved too....
billhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #6
grubz916
Registered Member

Wow, Ronnie Smith last year and now Jamie. Even though he wasn't there all that long, I took a liking to Jamie's writing. I will miss him. My condolences to his family and friends.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #7
SRMark
Founding Member

Hug the ones you're with.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:28 PM   #8
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Yeah there is a big conspiracy to make bikers look bad because guys on sportbikes never speed or do anything dangerous

idiot
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 PM   #9
RonXX
Founding Member

I made no mention of a conspiracy of any kind. There is an automatic assumption that the police are actively trying to make based on how the motorcyclist was riding at any point prior to the incident. Like what he was doing 10 miles earlier, not what was going on at the time of the collision.

When a swine/sheep/cattle in human form such as yourself fails to question what those in authority tell them, then there is no reason for government officials (i.e. police) to do a proper investigation. In fact, your dismissal of me as an "idiot" says it all about your lack of thought or concern about the world around you.

idiot
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:29 PM   #10
Scaglietti
Founding Member

man, this is depressing. I hear about these kind of incidents too often, and usually the non-moto types don't care which makes it worse.

oh btw MO, I think it is poor taste to put a H-D link right at the beginning of a story about someones death where it really doesn't belong. Although it's only 11.94 to subscribe, you can kiss it the f**k goodbye to to repeated poor taste on such matters.
Scaglietti is offline   Reply With Quote