Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-10-2004, 02:54 AM   #41
JALacroix
Founding Member

Default There are better frame sliders for the VTR, without cutting the fairing!

I ride a SuperHawk. There are frame sliders that work without cutting the fairing. Lightning Performance (I think) makes them. I've seen them, but have not put them on my bike yet. They are really long and kind of silly looking. They have to be that way to work because the bike is so narrow where they mount.

Go to www.superhawkforum.com to see discussion about them.
JALacroix is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2004, 05:56 AM   #42
nbyers
Founding Member

Default That does it. Here's my challenge.

So if I have this figured, SuperBill and Iceworm's posts show that someone at BMW is paying attention to what happens when the bike falls over. What parts hit the ground first?

The conversation in the engineering department: "Hey, Dieter, what if we made those parts that hit the ground first kinda tough or just disposable, but the rest of the bike was OK?"

"Great idea, Hans, let's do it!"

It's not like we just invented gravity, folks. Does it even cross the minds of the people at, say, Suzuki that their beautiful slick plastic fairings might touch terra firma? The minds at Yamaha that brought us the EXUP power valve are surely keen enough to bring us fairing-integrated frame sliders!

Here and now, on the sacred if scrofulous MO Forum, I challenge Ducati, Triumph, and the Big Four to exercise their engineers that teeny-tiny bit and provide their motorcycles with factory crash protection.
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:18 AM   #43
nbyers
Founding Member

Default The Challenge

I'm repeating my challenge here for all to see.

It's not like we just invented gravity, folks. Does it even cross the minds of the people at, say, Suzuki that their beautiful slick plastic fairings might touch terra firma? The minds at Yamaha that brought us the EXUP power valve are surely keen enough to bring us fairing-integrated frame sliders!

Here and now, on the sacred if scrofulous MO Forum, I challenge Ducati, Triumph, and the Big Four to exercise their engineers that teeny-tiny bit and provide their motorcycles with factory crash protection.

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:08 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Challenge

Never happen. It would add a couple of pounds and since the professional racers don't use them then of course RickyRacer at the Burger Barn won't want them either.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:03 AM   #45
chingbaby
Founding Member

Default LSL Crash Pads

Based on the feedback above, I just received a set of LSL crash pads. They look pretty good, but we'll see once I get them mounted. Thanks for the pointers, all!
chingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #46
kpinvt
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorvation Frame Sliders...Link to tutorial

I found this link to a tutorial on drilling a large hole through a side panel:

http://www.inturace.com/Tutorial/FS1.htm