Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
ccmun
Founding Member

Default Re: Podcast : put this in your ear on those long rides!

Cool. Was just thinking about this the other day.
ccmun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
jungkvist
Founding Member

One of these days I'm gonna sit down at my computer, and take the rest of my life to finally figure out how to get everything done, by yesterday. Personally, after seeing the original, and three remakes of "The Invasion of The Body Snatchers," I'm pretty sure I don't want an Ipod, or any other kind of pod, anywhere near me. Then, as far as Pod Casts go, my favorite was the one with Donald Sutherland. Great scene with the bagpipes playing while the ship was being loaded, don't ya think?

And, by the way, who came up with the idea of using a sheeps stomach as a musical instrument, in the first place?

"Seamus! What air ya doon whe that sheep; and ways she making ail that dreadful noise?"

"Aim joost trayin ta coom up wit ah new moosical instrooment Da. Soo's I cain stoop baitin ma haid agin a rock." (a likely story)

Most Talk Radio is about as informative as reading a Peanuts comic strip, and usually almost as funny. But, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people; or, from trying to lower the bar, for that matter.

Oh, oh! Am I turning into a tight-a$$ed, right-wing extremist? Nah...Just checked my wardrobe and there's not a leather body suit, or a copy of "Third World Bondage," in sight.

Actually, I'm just kidding. I like to spend a couple hours a day listening to NPR, and I really miss having having free music downloads, since the governement crackdown. But, considering the way I tend to ride, I don't think it would be sucha good idea to have anything, other than fear, running through my brain, while I'm going down the road. I mean, It's way too easy to become a news story, as a result of riding a bike, without being distracted by listening to one. Still, having access to all that music, and information, is nice. But, there's still no way I'm leaving anything, with Pod in it's name, next to the bed where I'm sleeping.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:48 PM   #3
wrecks
Founding Member

do you miss having gainful employment?

As for the "crackdown", canadian courts have made judgements in favor of file sharing. Move on up here we'd love to have you. Our riding season sorta sucks though. I put my ride away 2 weeks ago, she won't see road til prolly May
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
jungkvist
Founding Member

Oddly enough, after the results of yesterday's election, I told a friend I was thinking about doing that very thing.

My grandparents lived in Toronto for several years when I was a kid, and I really liked visiting them.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #5
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Canada

The election made me reconsider the appropriate location for someone with intelligence as well. But you may want to consider New Zealand. It's got a better climate than most of Canada and a longer riding season, even though riding upside down gets tiring.

Thanks for mentioning invasion of the body snatchers. Obviously, that is one explanation for George.

As for bagpipes, they came about due to Scotsmen having too much fun with the sheep. They did it so often that they came to be excited by hearing the sounds the sheep made. Hence the bagpipe.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
pplassm
Founding Member

What's an iPod?

Will it help me go faster?
Old 11-04-2004, 03:00 AM   #7
SRMark
Founding Member

The ride is still why I ride.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 AM   #8
tumbler
Founding Member

Like I told a body that rides a goldwing, ''If I wanted music, a heater, and a backrest, I would have ridden my other bike, the f-150.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:03 AM   #9
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Oops

They really need to put a spell check in these boards! I meant a "buddy". He doesn't have much of a body.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:27 AM   #10
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Canada

I like bagpipes. Alot of the '80's "new wave" bands incorporated pipes into their music and it sounded great.

As martial music they can't be beat, a good piper and some rolling drums makes your blood boil. Just the ticket for chasing each other around with 6 foot Claymores or tossing telephone poles at each other.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote