Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-15-2004, 07:59 AM   #101
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: For those that can't read

Jeez, longride. I didn't know that an innocuous post on Motorcycle Online made you personally responsible for causing much of the death and carnage on our highways.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2004, 08:00 AM   #102
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle Risk Study by Insurance Company

If you read the motorcycle magazines, a lot of them will incorrectly state that the 600 class started in 1987 with the introduction of the Honda Hurricane. In reality, it started in 1985 with the introduction of the Ninja 600. Yamaha followed a year later with the FZ600. If you really wanted to nit pick you could kinda say Yamaha started it all in 1984 with the FJ600.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:02 AM   #103
bboule
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul's rebuttal to longride.

Not to mention the best thing to do in almost any accident avoiding situation is to slow down as opposed to speeding up.

bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:03 AM   #104
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: In other news. O'Rielly tagged with sexual harrassment charges

Well, what do you expect from someone who believes the representatives of one of the most repressive regimes on Earth, Vietnam, over 200 plus decorated American vets.

If communist regimes are noted for anything (besides brutal slaughters of large numbers of human beings) it is propaganda lies.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:05 AM   #105
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dong.

Match. Set. Point.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:17 AM   #106
seruzawa
The Toad

The problem is that we live in a society where it seems that every little special interest group thinks it has the right to dictate the behavior of an entire nation. Not enough regular people say, "Mind your own business" and then throw out the meddling politicians who cater to these interests. So we are faced with a situation where we either must take action to curb the worst excesses of the irresponsible or the govt will come in as it usually does with a heavy handed action that hurts everybody.

Maybe the AMA should promote tiered licensing. I don't know for sure what should be done. But I think something's gotta be done. It's better to be proactive. It tends to make the politicians back off.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:21 AM   #107
seruzawa
The Toad

I guess the memory is the first thing to go.

Yeah, there were some 600s around but they didn't really take off 'til later, or am I wrong about that too?

When was the first 600 racing series started?
Old 10-15-2004, 08:47 AM   #108
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: For those that can't read

LOL, this guy got so bent out of shape, he posted the same nonsense 3 times in 5 seconds. I bet his hands were shaking the whole time. Obviously, another guy that can't take the facts. Too bad some people need to live in fantasy land to exist.