Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-22-2004, 04:29 AM   #11
stoney8888
Founding Member

Default Re: You have to be kidding me...

He would have to have those fancy (red) colored tires on that bad boy also.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2004, 05:01 AM   #12
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: Hyosung the next Honda?

I bought a Chinese 50cc for my son. My friend sells them at his dealership. Runs well, but it does leak from the carb, and the oil injector pump went bad as well. A bit cheaper than a Yamaha, which is what it's a direct knock-off of, but I doubt I would be having the same problems.

Also, I think it's going to be a ***** to sell when he outgrows it.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:37 AM   #13
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I think it's more like "A shopping cart full of bowling balls with one seized wheel, falling down a flight of stairs".

But look at those trick USD forks. I read somewhere that a couple of engineers from Suzuki defected to Hyosung. It does kinda looks Suzuki-ish.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:51 AM   #14
travisyoung
Founding Member

I read a review of the 650 a few months ago (in Two?). They said it was a pretty good knock off of the SV-650...similar engine (I think the same bore and stroke) not to mention similar looks.

travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:19 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Another site

http://www.bavanar.com/hyosungrange.htm

The 125 twin looks cool.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:29 AM   #17
buzzbob
Registered Member

Hyosung, was a sub-contractor for Suzuki, before going alone like now. One of the big Mags,I believe MOTORCYCLIST (?), did an indepth look at the company.
buzzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #18
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: You have to be kidding me...

Brother had a nighthawk 250. God I hated that motorcycle. no brakes. no nothing. Almost swore off Honda forever because of it.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #19
pdad13
Founding Member

Yes, they did. In fact I have a copy of it here at work. Fact is, Hyosung has also hired away some of the big four's engineering talent. Anyone who poo-poos them right now could be in for a big surpirse. Sounds like the what people were saying about Honda in the late 50's.

The same issue has a review of a Comet 650. They said it's a very capable bike that is only let down by it's sub-par rear shock and mediocre brakes. They raved about the motor, inverted front fork that worked real well, and the chassis, even though it's somewhat heavier (due to the use of steel instead of aluminium). They're also supposed introducing a liter-sized V-Twin sport bike and naked bike later in the year. They plan on pricing them about 20% less than the Japanese.

Take this for what it's worth, but Crusier also named the Hyosung 250 as the winner of it's small bike comparo, beating all of the big four and some of the other newer Asian manufacturers. Granted, we're talking about a class of bikes that doesn't get a whole lot of R&D TLC, but still pretty impressive.

Will Hyosung hit it big here? Who knows? They're going to need to develop the bikes a bit more and they're really going to need some marketing help. But I wouldn't dismiss them.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:49 AM   #20
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Another site

I dig that Karion 125. Does that mean I'm goin' to hell?

And by the way... ya think they know that when americans hear "Karion" they think "Roadkill"?