Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #191
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Indian Larry Killed in Helmetless Stunt

What is a Hyosung Mirage? Korean made Honda?

Don't feel silly about your helmet. Only feel silly if it's over 25 years old, and says "Moto3"

on the side.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #192
redlegduke
Founding Member

Default Re: Indian Larry seriously hurt

Hey turd head. Don't you realize that you have just said exactly what any non-rider can say about any rider that becomes injured or killed - da yep, it was just a matter of time . . .
redlegduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #193
redlegduke
Founding Member

Default I'm gonna puke!!

I'm gonna puke if I read any more of this snooty patronizing crap about wearing a helmet, not stuntriding, or any of the other messages of that ilk. Does anyone realize that all of those type comments are exactly what any non-rider could say about any rider that becomes injured or killed? Just exactly whose side are you on? Motorcycling is dangerous with or without all the high-zoot protective gear you can wear and I, personally don't respect the opinion of any rider that would essentially badmouth an injured or killed rider for not behaving as they see fit. You sound like a bunch of cagers! You should know better, and you should be ashamed!
Old 09-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #194
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Indian Larry Killed in Helmetless Stunt

Nazi government was a free capitalistic market (until the war economy kicked in). So was Turkey when they stuffed the armenian minority after the WW1.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:04 PM   #195
blindauer
Founding Member

Default Re: Indian Larry seriously hurt

Now that's just ridiculous. The fact of the matter is, none of those things happened to him. He died in a tragic accident, and had he been wearing a helmet, he might be alive today.

This has everything to do with helmets, and nothing to do with helmet laws. Personally, I am 100% PRO-helmet, and 100% ANTI-helmet law. *I* should have the right to choose whether or not to protect myself; the government has no right to make this decision for me.

I fully support Larry doing stunts helmet-less, as is (or should be) his right as an American. BUT, I hope those folks who are anti-helmet look at this tragic event, and give it some thought the next time they go riding helmetless.
blindauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:41 PM   #196
redlegduke
Founding Member

Default You are exactly right!!

All this crap like "he had it coming to him because he didn't wear a helmet" really has me fired up! It seems that far too many MOfools can't figure out that using that logic we all have it coming to us for simply riding - or doing anything else which someone might consider dangerous like sex, jaywalking, or eating red meat. Since humans are imperfect, there will always be idiotic naysayers, but they shouldn't be motorcyclists against motorcyclists.

I never knew Indian Larry but I had read about him over the years in The Horse magazine and I saw him on television chopper shows. Frankly, I really respected Indian Larry for his great talent, humble approach to paparazi, seemingly all around good guy ness, and his dedication to building customs for actual riding. I really believe that at least the chopper world is less after his passing and I'll miss him.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #197
Harry_Moto
Founding Member

Default Re: Best Post here

Agreed.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #198
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: High-Zoot?

High-Zoot? Uh oh, another reader of vintage Dirt Bike/MXA issues. Look out!

Reminds me of the time I stood up on the seat of my Cushman Super Eagle, going full-tilt down San Fernando Road. Ate it big.

I still have the "Asphalt Tattoos". The human scab. Not fun taking showers with plastic dry-cleaner bags covering major body parts.

In fact, every once and a while a little piece of SFR squeezes out of my skin. Real bikers sweat asphalt.

Old 09-04-2004, 07:17 PM   #199
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Mr Mom

Just because he has the job (I know, baffles me too) doesn't mean that he's not the biatch.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:26 AM   #200
redlegduke
Founding Member

Default Re: High-Zoot?

Very observant Mr. Holmes, (Sherlock, not John - dating myself again, ha). Well, I read Dirt Bike before it was vintage. I had a CZ with "moved up" shocks, remember that stuff?

I did the stand on the seat stunt a few times myself. The last time was on a borrowed Suzuki 450 street bike that I wound up buying since I totalled it. Hard to do that stunt without a throttle lock. I can still remember the emergency room personell laughing at me because I was so friggin drunk. I now fall off only while sober!

Duke