Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-26-2004, 03:27 AM   #51
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Can I have your autograph?

You looked mighty handsome in that Rocket III story the other night.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2004, 04:56 AM   #52
Yamahanian
Founding Member

Default Re: What KPaulian Logic!

Sportbike Pilot's thoughtful post makes some very good points about a single accident and the motorcycling community's reactions to it. You may wish to re-read the article, re-read his post, and reconsider what you are apparently defending: (1) Do you approve the squids' actions in changing lanes and cutting off the Ford Explorer, regardless whether you think the driver reacted properly? (Yes or no, its a simple question.) (2) Do you approve the squids' decision to leave the scene of the accident, regardless whether you think they contributed to it in any way? (Again, a simple yes or no answer will serve to clear the air. )

Yamahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:00 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Stunt motorcyclists blamed in serious accident

We drive hundreds of off roads miles in Utah each year and I've yet to see a Navigator or a Mercedes or Acura SUV doing any real off roading. Lots of Suburbans though. Not many Explorers... they can't hack it. Mostly what you see is pickup trucks. And some jeeps.

Near Moab you do see a lot of yuppie bicycle racks on luxury SUVs. But they just drive down a few perfectly smooth well graded local roads so they can bicycle with the other beautiful people.

Bicycling and motorcycling near Moab is another recreational activity that's been ruined by the granola cruncher yuppie types.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:03 AM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Stunt motorcyclists blamed in serious accident

If history is any indication the most likely thing these street stunters are going to be doing in the next 5 years is pushing up the daisies.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:10 AM   #55
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Can I have your autograph?

Still haven't sold the duck yet, eh?

The price is too high. Some businessman you are.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:28 AM   #56
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Perhaps like the California wine industry, I'll just raise the price to give it more perceived value.

Actually I haven't been making an attempt to sell it. I've run one ad and that's about it. It will be so hard to part with my yellow beauty. It really is an incredible motorcycle and I'm loathe to let her go.

I think I'm going to just buy a bigger house.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:32 AM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Was Bass on TWT and I missed him? Buy the bigger house and fill it with more motorcycles from your ill-gotten gains you capitalist! LOL
Old 08-26-2004, 05:40 AM   #58
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default He was.

There were two EBass soundbites I believe. He was trying to sound all serious and sophisticated. I'm sure there was a girl close by.

The real estate market is finally softening up a bit around here. People aren't asking $750,000 for a 2000 sq ft fixer upper anymore. It's more like $675,000 now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 05:42 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: He was.

Missed Mr. Bass and his reports. Just bought a new place 3 weeks ago. 300,000 buys a pretty decent layout here. Not as bad as where you are, but it's still nuts.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:45 AM   #60
Bob_in_NJ
Founding Member

Default Re: Bite me butt munch!!

I’m sooo tired of this sensationalistic news sh*t. If you’re going to write a news story, especially one that damns a particular group of people, make the facts clear. Did the stunting cause the Explorer to swerve or was it a reckless lane change? PLEASE NOTE the Explorer HIT the Suburban and forced it off the road! The motorcycle made contact with nothing! I’m pretty sure the law is you must maintain control of your vehicle at all times.

Increase in motorcycle fatalities? Give me the information in figures that put things in perspective. Don’t give me total numbers. The raw numbers translate in to a 58% increase in motorcycle fatalities from ’97 to ’03. If the number of motorcycles on the road increased by the same amount the fatality rate essentially remains steady and does not increase at all. The only figures I could locate were from ’92 to 2000 and they showed only a slight increase in the ratio of registered motorcycles to motorcycle fatalities but did not take in to account miles traveled, % of new riders, mid life crisis Harley owners, etc.

Bob_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote