Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Stunt motorcyclists blamed in serious accident (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/2498-stunt-motorcyclists-blamed-serious-accident.html)

longride 08-25-2004 09:19 AM

Re: Now that you're a member of the GPTB

Is he officially in? I'm that last to know everything in this damn club.

pdad13 08-25-2004 09:32 AM

Re: Stunt motorcyclists blamed in serious accident

Had I owned a firearm, and been carrying it, I wouldn't have had time to use it because the little p*ssy drove away so fast (after I coursteously pulled over to his driver side window because of his incessant horn-honking). I did get behind him and make subtley threatening gestures into his mirror. I had to literally talk myself down from pulling the bike over, running to the truck, and pulling him right through the driver's side window (this was not a big man). I was soooo close to doing it. Of course it was also right in the middle of jam-packed Main Street in my town. I figured I'd get myself arrested. Would have made quite a show, though.

The jerk got stuck trying to make a left hand turn, so as I was passing I "invited him to discuss matters with me." I think he just kind of looked away.

pdad13 08-25-2004 09:35 AM

That's what I like to hear.

But where the hell is my membership card? I still got my eye on those fringed riding pants and the matching arm chaps and I could use the club discount.

pdad13 08-25-2004 09:39 AM

Ah, sh*t. I meant the above to respond to Buz.

As for you Longride, I've actually been a member for months. Buz appointed me after one of my very first Kpaul hatchet jobs. I just haven't recieved my membership materials and Maltise cross pledge pin.

You're gonna looooove me.

pdad13 08-25-2004 09:46 AM

Amen, brother, amen.

Here's my question, if the motorcycles were going at an excessive rate of speed, as the article implies although I don't believe it states this outright, wouldn't the SUV have to have been doing a comparable speed, or likely, faster to be "cut off?" I don't think you can be cut off by someone who is going much faster than you. But then again, I'm an idiot.

SeanAlexander 08-25-2004 09:57 AM

I thought you were in Iraq?

nosajwols 08-25-2004 09:59 AM

What we know:

1) The idiots in the SUV were not wearing seat belts

2) If they were driving a car they would have been able to swerve without driving off a cliff

3) The press is biased against bikes

4) The world minus a SUV is a better place...

The piont we are missing for the most part here:

The idiots on the bikes caused the accident. Then the press wrote a biased article about it. Well take away the idiots on the sport bikes in the story and the press, biased or not, will have noithing to write about. As much as we like to complain (and rightfully so) about the idiots in SUVs minivans etc. it is the idiots on the sport bikes (in the story, not all sport bike riders are idiots, myself included) that are the reason we are all paying way too much for insurance. Too bad they were not directly involved in the crash, we could do with a few less idiots!!! I think motorcycling as an industry and a group must figiure out a way to get rid of these guys (I have no idea how). At the very least make sure joe public understands that they do not represent the masses.

Buzglyd 08-25-2004 10:21 AM

The cool thing is, the next time I'm in NYC, you get to buy all the beer!