Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 AM   #121
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Just wondering

Would MM be making his documentary against Kerry, had he gone to war? I mean that was the wrong thing to do according to MM. That fat f&ck would have been 100% behind it if his liberal buddy sent the troops in. He would have made a film about how our heroic Pres sent our boys on a noble cause to fight terrorism. LOL

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2004, 02:48 AM   #122
Whatmough
Founding Member

Default Re: What Did We Do To Tick'em Off

Whatever you buy, new or new used you almost can't go wrong. I rode a sporty for a few years before moving to a new used R1150r with 1200 miles. Got it with bags, wind shield, etc. for less than a stripped new model, yet still under warranty. The Tiger looks nice and seems to be a good value. I saw an old Z1 Kawa that I loved too. I'll stick with the beemer for a while. It took me from NH to St. John, N.B. quite comfortably. Good Luck, Bob W.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:56 AM   #123
Whatmough
Founding Member

I was away for a long time too, child growing up, her not me. Anyway I still had an old 66 R60 which I sank way too much $$ on. I demo'd a VFR and got a speeding ticket on the demo! Decided not to purchase that, although I loved the thing. I could see myself getting too carried away with the wonderful power and handeling. I settled on a R1150r and glad I did. Have fun looking and make sure to get demo rides; but, keep it under a hundred.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:14 AM   #124
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: How the worm turns

I thought we were just all being like WWF.

The WWF guy doesn't start crying when someone cracks a chair over his head.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:16 AM   #125
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: He just married his momma

Ritalin is the product of a society that said fathers were unnecessary, divorce for any reason was acceptable, and child discipline for any reason is unacceptable. Parents today would rather drug the kid into a stupor, rather than have to spend time parenting. The government can't put the pill down the childs' throat. Only the parents, that have more important things to do than raise their child, can do that. I agree the medical system is out of contol, and especially the drug companies.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:47 AM   #126
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Fathers

I appreciate the kind thoughts, Van. Sounds like you were luckier than most. Losing both in such a short period of time must be difficult. You have my condolences. Thanks again.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:08 AM   #127
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: How the worm turns

He would if they cracked a real chair instead of those special Hollywood plastic break apart chairs.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:22 AM   #128
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: He just married his momma

True. But the medical profession is still guilty of providing this phony excuse, prescribes the drugs and basically makes the whole fraud "respectable". Many of the parents are more gullible than irresponsible or lazy.

And in many States the schools threaten to have the chidren taken from the parents for "medical neglect" if the parents refuse ritalin, and have done so. You see, the fed govt gives a couple thousand extra dollars to the school for each drugged child. The govt schools are as much to blame for this travesty.

The bottom line is that children by the millions are on dangerous nervous system destroying amphetamines. (Ritalin is crushed up and snorted by cokeheads as a substitute, fer crissakes.) Parents, the doctors and the govt all share in causing this insanity.

But it couldn't exist at all without the psychiatrists and their phony drug pushing schemes.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:19 AM   #129
TJKellogg
Registered Member

There ya go! I love my '75 Z1. More hop-up potentail than a small-block Chevy, too. And the old standards are nice for customizing. Make it the bike you want. Too bad I can't afford to get my Z1 put back together, much less buy a new bike.
TJKellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 06:04 AM   #130
pdad13
Founding Member

The ZRX is a good choice. I have one (1100). Love it. In some areas they are hard to find used, though.

I've altered the riding position to make it sportier, but the stock position is very comfortable--a bit of a forward lean, but not at the expense of comfort. In fact a slight forward lean is supposed to be the best position, anatomically speaking. And that little fairing on the R model actually provides decent wind protection up to about 85 mph. With the low alloy bars on my bike, it works a little better. A Zero Gravity windscreen improves it a lot for about 65 bucks. The stock seat had to go--it killed me after about an hour straight of riding--but others find it comfortable--depends on the individual. I put a Corbin Gunfighter solo seat on mine--sooo comfortable and it looks much better than the stock seat.

The ZR-7s isn't a bad bike, just largely ignored. Good looking. It's a little sedate, but you can get them very inexpensively now, leaving some money for a few performance parts.

I found the Honda 919 to have a very comfortable riding position. More upright than the ZRX--too upright for me, but very comfortable nontheless. I just wouldn't want to be sitting that upright with absolutely no wind protection. An aftermarket fairing or windscreen is must if you're concerned about that. And there are TONS of leftovers around if you want to buy new.

The Tiger is a cool bike. I don't have any real experience with them. But I'm thinking about buying a Triumph myself. I love 'em.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote