Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-04-2004, 11:07 AM   #21
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Toot toot, Beep beep

Hot hot hot hot stuuuuuuff
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2004, 11:20 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Italians master rear-view helmet technology

I get to work with MS stuff every day. I'm the IT guy that gets to crash the system! People complain about Harley, but if Microsoft built an airplane, it would crash like their servers, operating systems, applications, and browser.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Blog link is fixed

Chrome with fringe. Why didn't I think of that?
Old 08-04-2004, 11:34 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

If microsoft built an airplane it would only have one warning light in the ****pit labelled "system error".

Old 08-04-2004, 01:59 PM   #25
pdad13
Founding Member

I actually read a review about this helmet months ago. From what I remember the reviewer said it's not all it's cracked up to be. I think he complained about rearward field of vision or something. I'll have to try and figure out where I read it and investigate.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 PM   #26
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The exact nature of visible light is a mystery that has puzzled man for centuries. Greek scientists from the ancient Pythagorean discipline postulated that every visible object emits a steady stream of hydrocarbons, or gas, much like Pythagoras did. Aristotle concluded that light travels in a manner similar to that of an old Honda Dreamcycle. Even though these ideas have undergone numerous modifications and a significant degree of evolution over the past 20 centuries, the essence of the dispute, brought forth by the Moto-Guzzi equation, established a doctrine that, much like visible light, one canÂ’t have too much beer. But I digress.

One point of view envisions light as wave-like in nature, producing energy that traverses through space in a manner similar to the ripples spreading across the belly my 300-pound Old lady. The opposing view holds that light is composed of a steady stream of particles, much like tiny droplets of oil sprayed from a crankcase of a Harley Davidson.

During the past few centuries, the consensus of opinion has wavered with one view prevailing for a period of time, only to be overturned by evidence for the other, etc. etc. Only during the first decades of the twentieth century was enough compelling evidence collected to provide a comprehensive answer, which to everyone's surprise, was not a good one.

A few people you should know about:

Neils Bohr (1885-1962) - Building on Ernest Rutherford's work on the nucleus, Bohr developed a new theory of the atom, which he completed in 1913. His pioneering work laid the basis for the electrical system on BSA motorcycles.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955) - Albert Einstein was one of the greatest and most famous scientific minds of the 20th century. The eminent physicist is best remembered for his great contributions to

the NSU Sport Prinz, and Amal Carburetor.

Christiaan Huygens (1629-1695) - Christiaan Huygens was a brilliant Dutch mathematician, physicist, and astronomer who lived during the seventeenth century, a period sometimes referred to as the Scientific Revolution. Huygens, a particularly gifted scientist, is best known for his work on the theories of centrifugal force, the wave theory of light, and the pendulum clock. Constructed a wooden motorcycle, powered by rodents, a plentiful source of power during that time period. His friends called him "Splinters".

I could go on, but IÂ’m tired, and need my nap.

Old 08-06-2004, 08:59 AM   #29
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Yeah, and if you had any problems with it they would tell you to fix it by shutting off the engines and re-starting them in mid-flight.